I was trying to test installing a vanilla arm64 Linux install by setting all the compatibility options in the BIOS, then installing from a USB stick to an NVMe SSD.
The first issue I ran into was USB doesn’t seem to connect on my JetKVM until after Linux kernel starts booting. So I couldn’t press ‘F2’ from that, I had to plug a keyboard directly into the Q8B to press F2.
The second issue was BIOS never let me select a USB volume - the JetKVM would not connect, so I couldn’t mount a virtual ISO, so I tried a USB flash drive with Ubuntu 26.04 for arm64 flashed to it via Etcher, and that wouldn’t show up as a boot option in BIOS, or in EFI if I chose ‘Continue’ in the BIOS.
Is it possible to install an OS off USB to an NVMe on the Q8B?
I’ve been testing the board over in Radxa Dragon Q8B · Issue #108 · geerlingguy/sbc-reviews · GitHub
@strongtz please check on this.
Hi geerlingguy,
We recently fixed some bugs related to USB gadget composite.
Please try this new BIOS to see if the issue is resolved.
Thank you
dragon-q8b_flat_build-261008.zip
Thanks, will try - I assume I should use the process defined here? Flashing BIOS Firmware | Radxa Docs
Yes, you can use edl-ng to upgrade BIOS firmware.
Updated from my Mac using edl-ng and I had to use a Thunderbolt cable as my normal USB-A to USB-C cable (used for microcontrollers) kept dropping out during some part of the write process.
Now JetKVM USB works for keyboard during early boot, but seems to not be able to mount the ISO and start the install. I’m going to try from a separate USB stick now.
Trying from a USB Stick with arm64 Ubuntu installer on it, I had the same issue as the JetKVM — I get to the boot selector ‘Try or Install Ubuntu 26.04’ screen… but once I select it the whole thing reboots and then gets sometimes stuck in a boot loop, or sometimes gets back to the BIOS splash screen for a couple minutes before I reset it.
It feels like something’s getting stuck in there 
Have you tried following the instrustions here to set all Third-Party OS Compatibility Options to enabled?
Install Ubuntu 26.04 | Radxa Docs