I noticed your name came up when doing some of the builds that I did, so I thought I’d pass along a couple of comments. I first tried to build the OS on my RockPi, but soon discovered that I needed to build it on an x86 system. So I moved to my x86 Linux box and first built an odroidu4 system and then a rockpi-4b system. Both builds completed “successfully” but there were a couple potential issues. The file type of the partition in the odroidxu4 wasn’t set, so I was unable to mount it to look at the contents until I ran /sbin/fdisk and gave it a Linux file type. After that things seem to be fine, but I haven’t yet tried to boot the Odroid Xu4 from it. That’s next on the agenda.
For the Rock Pi build, the partition type was set, but the partition was sized to a little over 1GB on a 64 GB sd card. I had to delete the partition, re-create it from the original start point and then run resize2fs to restore the capacity to 64GB. That might have happened on first boot on the RockPi on its own, but I went ahead and re-sized things anyway. Again, I haven’t yet tried to boot the RockPi system yet, but will be doing so soon.
It may be that these are all expected behaviors, and if so, don’t worry about it. But they also might be minor omissions in the build process and that’s why I’m passing the info along. It also might be that I’ve munged things up with these changes and neither system will boot and I’ll have to do it all over again. Time will tell…