You should ask this question in MauiKit’s repo. They specifically list packages that are unavailable in Ubuntu Focal as build dependency while keeping this version as one of their “supported” builder OS. Our system here is working as intended. You have to ask them to see how to let the build system use libraries from non-standard location.
You can also try some other systems. You don’t have to use Ubuntu Focal on your Zero. Right now Manjaro looks like the best option for you.
Manjaro is also a cool OS I can try. I think its also good for touchscreens.
After flashing the Gnome Version of Manjaro OS from this page https://wiki.radxa.com/Zero/downloads
it doesn’t works. Do you have a tutorial to make it boot on the EMMC?
I made all the steps for Windows.
The command iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.ps1')) failes but fastboot is available.
Bootloader runs fine and the fastboot mode starts also.
But the flash-all.bat reconnects the device and waits till it is reconnected. I have to run the bootloader.bin another time to switch the device in fastboot mode again and the batch script goes on.
When the script is completed the device tries to boot into Android but the first splash screen comes over and over. I think it has a error and restarts the device again and again.
The documentation just says to just run the flash-all.bat.
Once you have the Android splash screen you have the original bootloader installed. You can then follow this guide to install Manjaro from microSD to eMMC. In the future Manjaro will include bootloader in their images so it won’t be this complicated.