Underwhelmed with Rock 4 SE

I received a Rock 4 SE from RS Components after waiting a year for a Raspberry Pi 4. My first impressions, i probably should have waited for the Pi 4. I’m not impressed with the Rock 4 SE 4.

Installing Ubuntu server was straight forward but past that the sheer lack of coherent information or complete documentation is frustrating to say the least. Joining the forum was a chore - tried 5 times to register with my Hotmail account only to find the Forum was blocked by Microsoft as spam, eventually used a different e-mail account. I had A few minor problems with the Ubuntu server install, searching the forums and FAQ i noticed several people with the same install issues, the responses from Radxa support were pathetic and a total waste of time.

Reading on the forum several people have received the SBCs with missing / fallen off resistors and posted pictures - Not a single response from Rock or Radxa. I have the feeling this is a case of trying to capitalize on Pi’s supply chain issues, this is fine and the product seems to have potential but it’s totally let down by poor support and documentation. If any one wants my opinion - wait for your Pi or get an older version.

If Your mail provider blocks too much who You want to blame? Sorry, but You need to talk to You support because probably You are missing much more than those.

For damaged boards it’s clear that You need to contact Your seller, why board designers should solve any of those issues? Is Eben responding to such claims and solder resistors to faulty devices? I guess not :slight_smile:

While it’s not that easy like on rpi os most are able to run their boards with supplied docs and software.

If the server you are using has been black listed by one of the bigger mail providers I would be very worried. The confirmation email wasn’t been blocked by email spam - the server they were sending it from was blacklisted. Only the owner of the server can sort that out. Please read my post properly before making comments that totally miss the point.

Sorry, but it’s working for others, maybe You just have oversensitive spam system?

MultiRBL list checker are available on network and You can easily check smtp servers by name and it’s ok as for today. Gmail for sure has no problem with this particular server then why Your e-mail account provider blocked it?