Unboxxed Rock 5B will not display

Am using Radxa power supply, micro USB power cable… have checked all cables & using Sandisk 128GB Extreme micro SD

Both green & blue LED’s are flashing but nothing displays on the monitor

android? some sd cards are not bootable

Try Monkas Afterburner image first.
Emmc with rpi imager
Micro SD with balena.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uMr9ngr69p38pk48S8UQRuHOdz95tkjc/view?usp=sharing

No, I’ve only tried Ubuntu and Debian.

Same here. The system is running, I got access via both: serial console and ssh. But both HDMIs output no signal.
Oh, and I’m running the Ubuntu image.

2 Likes

Thanks, I don’t have the expertise to try SSH access.

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried it on a micro SD and got the same (non) results as with Ubuntu and Debian.

any chance u try emmc ?

what is your monitor resolution,pesonally i couldnt get 1440p to work.

Sorry, I don’t have an emmc.

I’m using a 4K Samsung 28" monitor - 3840x2160

I had the same issue, had to ssh, add public key for repo, apt update and apt upgrade then reboot. After this my HDMI 5kx2k LG monitor worked. A LG 4x2k worked correctly out of the box for me.

I’m glad you found a solution, I can’t get an SSH connection working - even tried ChatGPT to offer up ideas…

You might try pressing ALT-F2 to see if there is a tty running. If it is, you can try the APT update and upgrade from there without using ssh or serial. But, even if the kernel is running but there is nothing going out you hdmi, you still will not see anything on your monitor.

If you have the ethernet connected to a router, and if you can see it is getting assigned an ip address, you could try pinging that address… If you can ping the device, we can get you through the ssh.

1 Like

+1, Same issue here with my Rock-5B. ssh working fine, no monitor output.

Tried both html ports, tried restarting, nothing works.

Please help

Running Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.10.110-37-rockchip-g74457be0716d aarch64)

Monitor is a DELL U2412M, its works fine on Raspberry PI, and Intel NUC etc

Try monkas armbian image… he has gpu drivers set right. If it still doesnt work… idk Id say its defected…