U-boot for SD card

Are there prebuilt uboot binaries for Model 5B with debugging capabilities? Looking at this https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5/install/microSD
looks like I need to dd the uboot files to my SD card and I should be good to go, but I cannot find the prebuilt binaries mentioned here. Also any suggestions on how to partition a 32G SD card for uboot only?

uboot is prebuild in all OS images.

Also rock5b have spi with uboot loader in.

So you just need to dd image of any rock5 OS to microSD.

Hi Dante4. Yes all OS images have uboot but console access is disabled in these uboot images. I want to be able to stop at the uboot bootloader and plug in uboot commands. AFAIK this is not possilbe with the pre compiled images you are talking about. LMK if I am wrong. Can @RadxaNaoki or someone from Radxa confirm?

It’s possible but only with uart cable

Good evening,

My 2cts; yes you can boot, yes you can see the output scrolling over the terminal using the ‘debug’ uboot SPI image, but… there’s no way to interrupt the boot. The Starfive Vision Five II has also uboot an dit allows you to interrupt the boot an select / scan /boot any other bootable device wether it be SDIO, MMC or NVME. I’d definately like to have that for the Rock5B too. Is it possible? Has someone already provided such an U-boot image? What is needed when I want to make it myself?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Pascal

Yes! This is what i want too. To be able to interrupt uboot and load a different kernel using USB