Talk about Zero2

Thank you for the info! I am looking forward to the release!

Jack,

Why doesn’t the Zero 2 have it’s own forum section yet? The Rock 5 has it’s own forum section, and the expectation is (or at least was) that the Zero 2 would be released for sale before the Rock 5.

An old saying goes “You don’t sell the steak, you sell the sizzle!”. But the sizzle for the Zero 2 seems to have become a fizzle.

Larry

Where is the announcement for the Zero 2’s developer debug party?

We have already shipped quite a few Zero 2 to developers. The board is less complex so not a lot of issue has been reported so far.

1 Like

I have been waiting for a conversation as no-one seems to be kick starting anything.
I posted a single Glmark2 on discord and it just went quiet and thought maybe its still not time to disclose?
Didn’t do an awful lot with it as the supplied image on the eMMC seemed to work great.
You prob need to start up a conv invite like the R5b

Once it is generally available we should get more discussion about it. Right now most people have no hardware so there is nothing to talk about.

Thank you! When is the aforementioned “general availability” currently expected to occur?

Hi Yuntian!
How can I buy a dev board or have to wait for release?
Thanks!

We do not sell development samples since they are immature products and not worth supporting. Please wait for the product release.

It seems at least the developer samples ship with an Amlogic boot BLOB that limits the A53 cores to 1720 MHz and the A73 to 2200 MHz. Will this change with the final product?

I’m not aware you can change that. I think I built the fip from p-amlogic-openlinux-20190720-ott-aosp.tar.gz. If you know how to make it work better please let me know.

I would believe you need to talk to your Amlogic contact.

When VIM3 was released A311D was stuck at 1800/2000 MHz but later they got a BLOB from Amlogic allowing to clock the cores higher. With Armbian A311D on VIM3 is at 2400/2000 MHz.

Same story with Hardkernel, they started at 1800/1900 MHz, then got a BLOB to allow for 2000/1900 and are now at 2400/2015. They are talking about using now a S922X-B and at least it’s a C stepping and not A as on the N2.

EDIT: Armbian for whatever reasons seems to switch back with N2 to 1800/1900 MHz with its 22.08 release. Upgrade your distro, get lower performance as every average user expects! In the meantime Debian images (most probably by meveric) are already at 2000/2000 MHz.

Khadas had to do some deal with Amlogic as the MCU blob was licenced and on release the Vim3 it was locked but later releases its unlocked or at least it has predefined OC rates to choose from.
Its in the forum and again with my memory its foggy but a Google ‘VIM3 OC’ should get you there.
It was a bit similar to the NPU as users had to sign a weird licence agreement to get the verisilicon toolkit.

I like too see the following

1.) 8 GB Ram Option
2.) Wifi6 for WPA3 Enterprise Safety maybe white E
3.) An Touchdisplay Case with Battery maked from aluminic

Whats your wishes ?

best regard

Any updates Jack? Clearly the “before September” ship date did not happen.

1 Like

+1 here. Any info? :grinning: If the wifi would be good in the zero, i could be happy, but unfortunately it’s still not working as intended.

Hi Yuntinan!
Do you have anything about release date?

Nothing so far. ZERO 2 is kinda on the back burner right now as we are rushing through ROCK 5B release, and now preparing for Radxa E23/E25 releases.

Is the Zero2 concept close to the chopping block?

No. I think we have a good stock of A311D and were looking for possibly S905D3 swap to further reduce the price. The design is quite good in the first go and we only did minor bug fixes so far (unlike a certain Model B…). It is just not that high of a priority.