Some questions to android

Hello there,

I tried both android versions and I have some questions.

1. Why the normal android looks pixelated on a HD TV? How could i change this?

2. how to power off and restart both versions. The apps I found needs root rights. I would also like mound a power button on my case, how should i connect them. I did not something in the Hardware section.

3. On the TV version, the preinstalled Kodi works very well, testet quick with a 2160p 56GB video. The kodi Version from the google store doesn’t work that good, is it necessary to change some settings?

I prefer the normal android version, because for the TV version are not all apps available.
greetings

Hi,

i’ve similar problems here. With the USB OTG i could change some of the system. Cause adb root looks like its working, But i at the moment i didn’t get the root directly on the device for some apps.
For example with adb shell wm density 72 i could get rid of the big icons but not the pixelation.

Greets.

Hi pumuckll

1. The normal android size of the canvas is only 480 * 800,We will release the 1080p version.
  2. We will add power button in launcher.
  3. The preinstalled Kodi is adapted for rk3399 vpu, The kodi Version from the google store use cpu to decode video

The preinstalled Kodi is adapted for rk3399 vpu, The kodi Version from the google store use cpu to decode video

Could you be more specific about what you mean by that?

The standard Android Kodi version absolutely does support hardware accelerated video decoding and playback on all Android devices that CORRECTLY implement those features. Hardware accelerated video decoding on Android is completely hardware agnostic – makes no difference if the hardware is running Rockchip, Hisilicon, or Qualcomm SoC.

If you believe that rockchip SoC requires custom built Kodi to implement hardware acceleration, it means that the rockchip Android build does not correctly implement hardware acceleration.

EDIT: In fact, hardware video decoding in Android should be implemented through libstagefrighthw.so and registered with the system through media_codecs.xml and media_profiles.xml – when those are in place and correct, kodi will NOT need to be modified.