SAT Hat for Nextcloud Server large files

Hi there,

I bought the SATA Hat to be used in conjunction with a RPI 4 as a Nextcloud Server with a 2 HDD Raid System.

Now I have been usinig this for some months and foud out about some pro and cons.

The biggest con is the management of large files (larger than 2GB). No I found out that dietpi is of course only a 32 bit OS.
Has anyone else struggled with the same issue. I don’t know if I should try to install the 64bit BETA OS or rather use a zip tool to split lage images.
I have some files on my nextcloud server larger than 2GB not showing any size nor being able to synchronize with the client.
Any suggestions?
THX

There shouldn’t be a direct link between filesize and OS bit size. 32-bit OS’s are limited in RAM adressing, and might encounter some performance issues compared to 64-bit.
What filesystem are you using?
Also check Nextcloud documentation. There are lot’s of tuning parameters to increase performance.

I am using the diepi OS, and the nextcloud data is stored a the software MDADM raid with 2 TB HDD.

I have adjusted the php.ini like this:
memory_limit=128M to memory_limit=512M
max_execution_time = 30 to max_execution_time = 60
upload_max_filesize = 2M to upload_max_filesize = 16G
post_max_size = 8M to post_max_size = 16G
max_input_time = 60 to max_input_time = 3600
max_execution_time = 60 to max_execution_time = 3600
memory_limit = 512M to 2560M

I have read about some issues with the lighttpd server. I might change to apache instead but I will try to point out this issue to the nextcloud community as well.

You should indeed also check your http settings.
Personally I’m using nginx.

Also, IMHO having your data stored in RAID is a waist of storage. RAID shouldn’t be considered as backup. You better use one disk for data repos for your nextcloud + your 2nd disk for on-site backup. RAID would be ok for your system binaries and such, to limit downtime in case of failures. But you don’t have this advantage here as your system resides on SD.