RockPi 4B+, M.2 Extension board v1.6 and ecoPI Pro case

Hello RockPi 4B users,

I am facing an issue with my board, the M.2 extension and an ecoPi Pro Case (aluminum). I have the v.1.6 extension with the gold plated connectors improved ribbon cable. The ribbon cable is a bit long, thus I used all bolts available to be as far as possible from the board. Anyway, the ribbon cable is a bit folded to get into the aluminium case, the case is pressing on the cable (and thus on connectors). I have a 1Tb SSD plugged in the extension connector, and it worked well during 6 months with the RockPi.
Three days ago, I was working with my RockPi and everything suddenly crashed. I tried to power off and power on again, the green led was solid but the blue one wasn’t blinking. I have just opened the case, tried to power on again, and this time everything worked well. Nevertheless, every time I’m trying to close and screw the case, even as gently as possible, the RockPi doesn’t start (green led solid, no blue led).
I have already ordered a new cable and changed it once, the first time I mounted the ecoPI Pro case, and I suspect the issue is only caused by this cable and the tight case. This said, does anyone would have a solution that will last more than 6 months with this M.2 extension and this case ? Maybe I missed something ?
It may help, I am attaching two pictures.
Thanks in advance for your advices

The additional height adding the spacers might be reason for the fault.

The spacers are not intended to be added here. If you need additional height, we recommend the use of shorter ones which will release the stress on the ribbon cable and its connectors.

We will send you new ribbon cables.

Thank you for your reply. My first setup was without these additional spacers and the cable died the first time I tried to close the Ecopi pro case (and I did it very softly, with a lot of care). Since I am using the spacers, the system is working several months but then, after a poweroff and a reboot, it suddenly no longer works.

You’re mentioning the additional height is causing more stress but I think the cable is longer enough for the spacers. As shown on the first picture, I need to bend the extra remaining length toward the inside of the case to become able to close it. Without the spacers, there is more extra length to bend, and I think the constraints on the cable are stronger. As an example, the first cable I used is presenting strong marks on the positions where the space between the case and the boards (rockpi and M2) is very thin (the cable is a bit rigid). Once a cable no longer work, it is very difficult to make it work again…

Seeing this I was wondering whether the case wasn’t built for using this new gen cable (gold plated) or if there was different length and mine wasn’t the good one or if my ecopi pro case have not enough space (but everything else is looks very accurately cut)

I succeeded to make my RockPi work again, case opened and cable held. I tried to close again the case but… same symptoms and nothing works.

If somebody have some other hints to help me to solve the problem, I will be grateful.