Rock5C GPIOs confusion

I am using an NPM package called onoff. It seems to be able to read and write properly on some pins like pin 7, 8, and 9 when I change it programatically, but seems to crash the ROCK 5C when writing to pin 3. Also when reading from pin 7, when i touch the GPIO with 3v3, it seems to not toggle between HIGH and LOW. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Please use GPIOD to see if the same problem occurs

i got the solution already… Seems that I was reading the documentation for Rock5B and calculating the pin number through the formula given there instead of the rock5c’s. I think the rock5c docs on gpios are only available in chinese. Helpful nonetheless

Though I am still experiencing a problem. I am using sysfs to interact with the gpio pins. I need it to not require root access. How do I do that? I tried using udev rules to set the permissions of /sys/class/gpio and /dev/gpiochip* but seems like that only give access to normal users the ability to export but not edit values and direction still.

Please try to run gpasswd -a username gpio, and reboot. The /dev/gpiochip* group is gpio:

rock@rock-5b:~$ ls /dev/gpiochip* -l
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 0 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip0
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 1 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip1
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 2 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip2
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 3 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip3
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 4 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip4
crw-rw---- 1 root gpio 254, 5 Jun 16 09:44 /dev/gpiochip5
rock@rock-5b:~$ 

And then use GPIOD, it can don’t use root.

You can switch languages via the 文A button in the upper right corner of the document station.