Rock5 enclosure?

Hello,

anyone is aware of an enclosure available for Rock5?

Like this? https://shop.allnetchina.cn/products/rock5-b-acrylic-protector?variant=39877626396774

1 Like

This is not enclosure even allnet call it protector

It’s better than nothing, missed that the Chinese distributor has this.

Did not find even this on the European e-shops.

If you have a 3d Printer, the board design is Pico-ITX shoudn’t be too hard to find something to modify… When I receive mine I’ll probably do one and upload it. (I’m not sure yet)

SBC_Case_Builder already has 9 case designs for ROCKPi5b (their name), if you have a 3D printer or know someone (or someplace) that does.

4 Likes

Thank you Tomash for this neat thingy. :star_struck:

1 Like

For devices I want to rack, i usually print a custom 1U enclosure, which fits a Digitus DN-19 TRAY

I did one for the Rock 5B, using as a model the v1.42_3D_stp file provided by raxda (with a bit of customization, because the space between the two hdmi ports on the model wasn’t exactly the same as what I measured on my board).

It is gradually taking place in my 12U 19" rack, next to his little brother, a RK3399 Nanopi R4S (the router of the house)

(don’t look at horrible cable management, work in progress)

5 Likes

If you happen to use DAP mounts in your rack, i created this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5597882

Didn’t know such kind of ‘standard’ was existing. Thanks for the information :+1:

Originally from audio racks, very handy for mounting SBCs (;

@nouknouk That panel is great and it would be really great if Radxa just did a panel that has lugs to mount on the x4 holes you have used.
That way any box you can make a ‘dirty’ cut out and then just cover with something like a black anodised IO panel.

I have the blue passive and its a bit weird with its thermal pads and think its going to be replaced by a much smaller 12v active fan heatsink on 5v as silent and always on.

I would just like to have something like the Raspberry PI FLIRC case. Just a massive aluminum case that acts as a heat sink. I think it would be enough for this board as I haven’t seen it get very hot even without a fan.

2 Likes

From my little experience so far with this rock 5, the basic heatsink sold by allnetchina with passive cooling looks already enough to cool the 8 watts of rk3588 during a (pure CPU) stress testing

1 Like

SoC runs really, really cool I just don’t like that oversized blue heatsink just needs a tiny heat sink with a tiny bit of air flow and it will be far better and just as silent.
Its great having a fan header that is pwm but without need of software I just stick a 12v on the 5v gpio as for me I just don’t want that big blue lump on it and the fan version from the store prob would of been better.

definitely, I’m thinking of building custom enclosure to integrate in my desk shelf which will benefit from a big aluminium surface to act as a cooler. will keep updated once I come up with design