Rock4SE AudioInjector zero sound card

Rock4SE AudioInjector sound card.

I have been trying to find the overlay for the AudioInjector zero sound card. In the Rock4 tutorials for managing overlays it shows a screenshot with the AudioInjector overlay at the very top of the selectable list. But, it’s not in there on my Debian11 install.

On this page: https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/devtree_overlays_linux5.10

I found one thread on the topic (Simple-audio-card on I2S1, which clocks to use?) but it pertains to an very old (in tech terms) linux kernel (4.10 I think it was).

Is there no currently functional overlay for audioinjector?

Well, I found the overlay in /boot/dtb, but it is shown as “disabled”. I downloaded the dtbo file and uncompiled it to a readable .dts and it appears to be a valid overlay, although I’m not very knowledgeable on this topic. This is the overlay that is listed as “available” to the rock4se on the radxa website.

I went back into the /boot/dtb folder and changed the file name from audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo.disabled to audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo, hoping that would activate it. I also entered
overlay=audioinjector-isolated-soundcard
in /config/config.txt

Still no joy on the sound card and it still does not show the overlay in the rsetup utility.