Rock3A Reboots at Random Intervals

I am running Ubuntu Server 20.04 with Mate. They system seems to run alright, right up to the point when it reboots for apparent no reason. I am running the board with a heat sink and small fan and am reasonably certain that the problem is not thermal.

This purchase is starting to sour since the canyon between the hardware and software seems to be getting wider. All I want from the Rock3A is a decent Samba server for documents and media, but that’s not happening as easily and assuredly as I’d hoped it would.

Any ideas?

Updating my own issue, I have removed the M.2 NVMe apparatus in stages. First I removed the NVMe, and when the issue persisted, I removed the entire thing. Once that was done, the Rock3A seems to have stopped booting randomly.

There is something in the interface into the PCIe bus that is causing the random reboots. I have been running the Rock3A continuously for over 10 hours now and it seems to be fine. I’ve reattached my USB server drives and, time will tell.

If anyone else has any corroborating or disproving experience, please let me know. Cheers!