[Rock Pi X] More details and photos, please (:

Ah, interesting. I guess if you’re going to lie in a spec, lying towards 0 is better than lying towards +inf.

In other questions, this will have a proper heatsink designed for it ala the Rock Pi 4, yes? @jack? :3

Yes. That’s the reason why it takes so long for the 2nd revision of ROCK Pi X. We have flipped the board completely so that the cpu is at the bottom.

1 Like

Ah, well, it’s worth waiting for quality! Keep up the great work!

I wonder if that’s the reason the Rock Pi 4 has a limit off 2TB for NVMe drives?
Back when I bought my Rock Pi there were no NVMe driver larger than 2 TB available. Now there are actually some listed … (haven’t checked availability).

It may possibly be.
I don’t know enough about the workings of NVMe to make a reasonable hypothesis though.

When will Rock Pi X be in sale and where ?

Please, i know there is a lot messages, but for god sake, it’s second message in this thread

Wish it came with dual gigabit NICSs (like the Odroid N2)…

You will have it.

1. Still no new board?

Please, don’t be that person who is like little boy which goes “Are we there yet?” in travels. We shall know more about RockPi X fiture in upcoming weeks. Since they actually already changed single NICS to dual, that means there is a big design change. Which in return means we will need wait until they are ready to start selling.

So if the pictures are accurate…You guys didnt listen and kept the emmc under the heat sink?
Do you honestly expect users to remove the heat sink to get at the emmc?
This is just poor planing. Design it in a way that I dont have to disassemble it for common tasks.

Photos are incorrect, because they have redesigned it already.

Well thats encouraging. Any recent pics and a release date?

We have the 2nd batch boards back, the layout is now is the same manner as ROCK Pi 4. I will send some picture here tomorrow.

4 Likes

Any more word on updated designs and pictures?

I am excited by the idea to have the power of an x64 processor on an SBC with an absorption power at maximum of 10 watts.
However, I think we must allow the need time to the team in order to testing the new card with new layout, before sending in production a prototype that may need some other minor corrections, as already happened.
Be patient.
I can’t wait to buy the 4GB version, to have a remote development station on VSCode. I have a 2GB Pine64 (A53 ARM), but VSCode OSS absorbs all the memory! With this card, however, I can also develop remotely, wherever I am!

Good work Guys!

@jack any news?

1 Like

Would be great to get an update?

Just to add to the memory confusion :slight_smile: