Rock Pi X 3D printed case design input

I’ve started a case design for the Rock Pi X using a fan…

Please let me know what you think… any input would be appreciated, or design mods etc…

Ill be posting the finished design .stl on github and thingiverse … or iterations thereof…

Github Link

https://github.com/irqisequalto/Open-Projects/tree/master/RockPi%20X%20Case

as it is, this isnt with the official heat spreader… but with a small one that I got from amazon that fits just on the chip.

*made a small change to the design to have mounting feet, and then moved the feet out of the way from the connectors…

1 Like

I went ahead and quickly printed the case and it mates with the Rock Pi X very well… if anyone has any comments on modifications… I’m all ears… :ear: :smiley:

Looks great, I may use it for a project of mine.

Personally, I’d prefer it to be better enclosed around the sides (with holes for ports), because I’m going to be using it in a setting where having the board be visible to end-users is asking for disasters…

@chabad360, I am planning on designing a companion piece that mounts to the board side… as it is, I have this running on POE… so I simply have an Ethernet connected. and this thing is screwed to a wall…
for reference this is what the underside looks like…

I did end up tucking the cable in a little tighter…

Also, the temps under moderate load ~20-50%… and 75F ambient… these are the temps…

1 Like