Rock Pi 4B - 3.5mm audio jack with mic not working

Hi all,
Im using Android 9 tablet version on rock pi 4B. Audio output is perfectly fine, but microphone is not working. I’m sure that my headphone is 4pin connector.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi, @ryan.low, I am facing the same problem here… Were you able to solve it? Could you get a bluetooth device to work instead?

Hi @ryan.low @King_Aslan were you guys able to solve this issue? I’m also facing the same issue. Onboard microphone, 3.5mm audio IN, Bluetooth microphone none of the 3 are working.

Hi, I`ve the same problem. Android 9 is installed and tried to connect a mini mic via usb. at sound recorder it’s not detected. also at Skype it’s not working. Yet I didn’t try out audio jack…

Hello, @ryan.low. I had a similar issue on rock pi 4c. Have you tried opening alsamixer and changing differential mux parameter from lin1-rin1 to lin2-rin2?

Hello @kultzak I am having the same problem with 4C with Ubuntu. Can you please share the solution with me as I’m trying to solve this issue for a long time?

With alsamixer I’m not getting the CHIP selected and no MIC option below to set. Please see the image attached below.

Have you solved this problem? I I have the same problem.

Hi I have this problem with a ROCK 4C+. The mic is an electret type with the 4 pole 3.5mm jack, that is recognised and works on my Linux Mint PC. I have fiddled with amixer but I cannot see the mic under Input Devices. I used to have this working on a ROCK 4 SE, but now that is behaving the same way. I have done an upgrade and am on Debian Bullseye 4.4. Any bright ideas?