Rock Pi 4 plus not booting from eMMC

I have a “Rock Pi 4 PLUS 1.73” and no it does not have printed on it a letter of the alphabet but based on its hardware it should be either a 4a or 4b as that is the case that it fits, Anyways I am able to flash a boot image to the Rock Pi or at least that is what my computer says is happening but it will not boot up from the Rock Pi after I disconnect from the computer. I do not know if this is important but while I have the Rock Pi hooked up to a monitor it does not display anything. I am going on what the computer tells me is going on as it flashes the image to the Rock Pi. There are no error messages being displayed it just does not work. Oh and although I cannot boot from my eMMC I am able to boot from the Micro SD.

If you can boot from SD card, you have Linux running, then you can just download the image and dd it to /dev/mmcblk1, then poweroff, remove SD card, can you boot from eMMC then?

I just tried that one. I made sure the image was uncompressed and read a tutorial on how to use the dd command to make sure I was doing it right. It does not boot even though it reported the operation a success with no error messages and I even made sure to use the same image that I used to make the sd card I booted it from.

Update: I took a SSD I had laying around and inserted it into its PCIe slot and then wrote the disk image to that and tried booting it up with that and it did not work. I also mounted the eMMC so I could take a look at it and it has the normal file contents that a freshly installed linux OS should have so it looks like the disk writer and image are valid because I can boot from Micro SD but not with a SSD or eMMC so I believe that the problem is that my Rock PI is not including the SSD and eMMC in some kind of boot loader or someth?

I had the same problem.
Apparantly, you have to dd the image to /dev/mmcblk2 on this particular version (4B+, V1.73), this worked for me.

I cannot see it at all. Did you have to do anything to make it appear? I have tried to connect pin 23 and 25 as guides suggest to override something so you can flash to emmc but that did not work. Can you tell me just exactly what steps you did or did it simply appear when you first booted it up without any extra steps?

Update: OK I finally figured it out I had a spare Pi 4 1.73 that I bought along with my first one I unboxed just today and booted it with the same SD card I was using on my first Pi 4 1.73 but this time it detected and wrote to the EMMC no problem. switched back to my old one hoping for the same result but no luck so it appears that all these months I had a defective Pi 4 1.73 well I am glad this is over but not the way I was hoping.