Rock Pi 4 - No Display

Running with a PoE hat. Can’t get any kind of display to a monitor. Tried both PoE and through the usb-c port. Tried a couple different burns of the Debian image. Tried taking a look at it through PuTTy and a serial cable and below is what I got. Might be worth mentioning that my computer crashed during one of the attempts. Honestly don’t know if that’s related, but it’s never happened before.

▒▒▒w▒▒▒▒ʿ▒y▒▒▒▒▒▒▒~▒▒b▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒o▒m▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒i▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒s▒▒魁]u?▒▒▒-▒7n51▒z▒ʂ▒^▒n▒u篚▒>▒▒▒▒▒un▒h▒z%▒u▒▒_▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒}▒y▒▒~c▒▒w▒}▒▒▒▒▒▒?.▒y▒i▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒kk▒▒▒▒o▒"▒▒▒▒▒▒o▒▒▒▒▒|▒▒ͻ▒▒]▒p▒▒▒▒b▒i▒▒▒▒t▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒r▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒_▒▒▒z▒^▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I’m not really sure what else to try.

I only know such pictures from defective graphics cards or defective memory

Thanks for your help. After reading some of the other posts here, I kind of assumed that we’d have to get a new board.

The solution ended up being a new cable

Great, sometimes defects are a lot easier than they first appear. My old RockPi 4b, for example, has a wobble on the HDMI port, but since it is used as a server it doesn’t matter. Thanks to SSH, that’s pretty easy to work around.

1 Like