Rock 5B USB OTG

Hi,

I would like to buy a Rock 5B, being mainly interested in using it as a USB gadget. I know that the 4B has a USB 3.0 OTG port which is meaningful if the 4B is used as a USB mass storage gadget. I try to find out if either the 5B (3588) or 5A (3588S) has a USB 2.0 or 3.0 OTG. I can’t find this info in the wiki. When I search on the web, some sites indicate 3.0 OTG but the specsheet of the 3588 chipset shows that its OTG function is tied to a 2.0 port. Can you please clarify this point for me before I make a purchase?

Thanks

Michael

5B has it, but it is disabled by default. You can enable it in sysfs(need to look up the exact path myself)

Edit: I only tested this on the c-type port

Thanks John. So you are saying the 5B can do OTG in both its USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, at their respective speeds?

Michael

I have tried USB OTG on Type-A ports but no luck. Seems there is not a single successful try since rock5 launched.

(from radxa_rock_5b_v1423_sch.pdf)
The VBUSDET pin is floating, that seems to be violating the design guide and could be a possible cause to the Type-A device mode malfunction.

(from gitlab.com/rk3588_linux/linux/bsp/docs/-/blob/master/Common/USB/Rockchip_RK3588_Developer_Guide_USB_CN.pdf)

Thanks hallo1. This seems quite confusing. The type C port is USB 2.0 or 3.0???

3.0 with support for alternative mode and otg

Does anybody know why you only get OTG via USB2.0 and not USB3.x. That is, the connector my be Type-C, but the speed is always maximum 480Mbps and not 5Gbps? Is this a Linux gadget restriction?