Rock 5 ITX on board HDD power cable

I am looking on AliExpress trying to find a cable that will fit the onboard socket for power? What type is that?

Computer Power Supply PH2.0 Small 4Pin Combo 7+15 Pin 22P SATA Conjoint CD/DVD HD Hard Disk Cable 20cm

or

4Pin To SATA Power Cable For Hikvision DAHUA Mini VCR IP Camera CCTV Hard Disk 30CM

I was fortunate to buy the 16GB model just before they ran out. Due to power supplies in the SFX or SFX-L being expensive in NZ I am opting to buy a Laptop universal charger to power the unit… It is a shame however that there isnt more fan headers on the board for the system.

1 Like

" Computer Power Supply PH2.0 Small 4Pin Combo 7+15 Pin 22P SATA Conjoint CD/DVD HD Hard Disk Cable 20cm".
It can be use to ROCK 5 ITX.

Note the 4-Pin Power Supply Interface as shown.

Standard Spec: 7-pin SATA Data + 4-Pin Power Supply Interface to 7+15Pin / 22P SATA Cable.

Thanks for including the image of the 4-pin for the connector so I found this fdd connector to sata
Screenshot%202024-05-15%20160701

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the floppy power connector.

Some molex doublers also include a floppy connector. In this case you can use that floppy connector with a molex-to-sata adapter and it will work as well. These ones are very common with various enclosures (I used 4 pairs for my board). It looks ugly but it does work and save you when you need to assemble your RAID during a week-end.

With which voltage?

FSP Group ink FSP060-DIBAN2

OEM Universal 60W 12V 5A Power Charger - 5.5x2.5mm Connector Size with 4 connectors - DSA-60PFB-12 A12-060N1A Compatible For HP T5520

Its working well directly off the barrel jack directly connected to the cable.

Ok, that’s important in case you want to connect 3.5" spinning rust. And I asked since common laptop PSUs use 19V which may destroy HDDs connected.