Rock 4C+ and 10HD screen do not work together with overlay

Hello everyone!

I got very huge trouble witht Radxa 10HD screens and boards.

Firstly I tryed to connect Rock 4SE and mentioned what 4SE do not have overlay for 10HD screen.
I opened topic and received help where sad what soon it will comes with update.

I decided not to wait and bought 2 Rock 4C+ as they got overlay… But…
Again everything failed and I cannot get them to work. I was did everything as instructed and screens shows just roads. I was setted all up through TTL. Photo of what I am getting in the end will poast down here.

I was tryed many types of debian distro’s downloaded from Radxa repo and ugraded them.

Can I please have an advice and help to get this screens to work? Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Kind regards
Jurijs

P.S. This happens with every screen with every board.

hello,could you send the 10hd overlay? I will compare it with the file here

Hello.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my long reply.

Sorry for long reply. I was using rsetup for enabling overlay. And after enabling /boot/dtbo/rock-4c-plus-radxa-display-10hd.dtbo get’s enabled.

Sorry, I do not know how to open it, but I’ve uploaded it here.

Also I’ve noticed quick booting message something like"i2c transfair write error". I will try to record it and then read it fully and will paste it here. I beleive they related.

Hello.

I might should not economy place on the screen and hide link. Here is a full link so you can see it without inspector:

If I should do something else to explain better my problem, let me know.

So all 3 screens I got from radxa do not work at all with any of my Rock 4C+ and Rock 4SE. bords.

The funniest is what for Rock 4SE, overlay was just added. Cannot understand how this can happen?

Which distro do you use? Which kernel version? DSI is unfortunately supported on Rockchip kernel only.
There seems to be some issue with I2C1 bus on Rock 4B+ (I’m not sure about 4C+/4SE) so I had to isolate I2C pins on DSI cable, connect LCD (I use RPi 7") display to I2C6 and modify overlay to use this bus. If I don’t do this, the bus is totally disturbed when communicating with touchscreen interface.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. I tryed planty original images downloadable from Radxa repository. But moastly latest kernels. I’ve tryed both varriants of rsetup and delating .disabled from overlay which comes with downloadable image and latest upgrade. I am sorry, But I am buiginner and I know what is I2C, but do not understand the rest you sad. You cutted phisical road or this can be done with console/code? How did you modified overlay? I was unable even open it. Will be happy if you can explain or send a links where I can find information and read myself.

Kind regard
Jurijs

Sorry, forgot to ment what when I am changing overlay, after I seen this message when connecting ttl:
[FTS] [Error] [IIC] : i2c_transfer (write) error, ret=6! !

I’ve asked on discord group, but noone replyed me what this means, and I did not find information using google.

I got the same error numbers. I had to physically isolate the contacts on DSI cable. But I don’t know if my advice can help you as I am not sure that 10HD screen has external I2C pins like the RPi screen has.

Try running sudo watch -n 0.1 "i2cdetect -y 1" to see what happens. In my case, I get totally random devices detected in every call when there is some communication on I2C1.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I do not understand what this command showed.

Every 0.1s: i2cdetect -y 1 rock-4se: Fri Nov 17 15:55:23 2023

0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f

00: – -- – -- – -- – --
10: – UU – -- – -- – -- – 19 – -- – -- – --
20: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
30: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
40: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
50: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – 5d – --
60: – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – -- – --
70: – -- – -- – -- – --

This what showed in my case at Rock4SE

Kind regards