ROCK 3A maskrom init problem

Hello,
Would it be possible to update the maskrom mode flashing instructions for HW rev V1.31?
I’m following https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock3/install/usb-install faithfully but regardless my ROCK 3A seems to only want to boot normally.
There is actually a switch under the USB ports with my version of the board, which may have a role here but selecting “Device” (or “HOST” for that matter) makes no difference in the end. I always get a normal boot.
Any pointers are very welcome!

have same v1.31 and flashing from Linux, using rkdeveloptool, works fine.
But it does require careful setting of some jumpers. I flash into eMMC memory but that only works when the on-board SPI flash is disabled with a jumper (outer 2 of three pins on short PCB side).
To get USB into client mode set the 2 pin jumper next to the CPU before power on, and then remove it while powered.
Only the top USB3 blue port is now in client mode and must be connected with a 1:1 USB cable to the PC. The tool requires root/admin rights.
My board did not have pins soldered into the 2-pin jumper position. So I soldered them myself. Alternative is a short u-turn of wire that you stick into the two PCB holes until after power-on.

Hi @wwortel
Thanks. Interesting. How do you set the switch below the USB ports?