RK3288/RK3588 Archlinux install script

I’ve constructed a script for installing Archlinux on RK3288 boards. Now I have adapted it to install for RK3588 as well.

I will try to keep the script as minimal as possible, only install basic packages, as everybody will want to continue on a different path from the base.

You can find the script here:

I’ve noticed that this script is using linux-rockchip-rk3588-bin AUR but that AUR is using an armbian kernel and I’m not very confident with this choice.

1 Like

I used this linux kernel to start with, as it is, for now, the only choice in the AUR. I don’t have much experience with 3D libraries and kernel, so I did not make my own kernel package.

I might change it to another if there is a better option available in the AUR.

Thanks for your efforts. I was also thinking to create Arch Arm support for OPi 5 that uses RK3588S. This script will be helpful to me, a lot

Many improvements to the install script. Less likely to fault with download errors.

The postinstall script has been improved a lot, installing:

gnome xorg

linux-rockchip-rk3588-bin

mpp-git ffmpeg4.4-mpp ffmpeg-mpp

mesa-panfork-git mesa-utils vulkan-swrast-panfork-git 
vulkan-mesa-layers-panfork-git opencl-mesa-panfork-git mesa-vdpau-panfork-git 
libva-mesa-driver-panfork-git dri2to3-git gl4es-git libmali-radxa-g610-bin 

kodi-ext-git kodi-ext-git-dev kodi-ext-git-eventclients kodi-ext-git-tools-texturepacker 
fstrcmp kodi-standalone-service-git libcrossguid-git libudfread-git
kodi-addon-inputstream-adaptive-git kodi-addon-pvr-hts-git
kodi-addon-script-module-inputstreamhelper

All of these are pre-build and will be kept up to date on a regular basis on my repo. (except mesa-utils, which is standard archlinuxarm)

Now it needs a lot more testing…