Random freezes after inactivity and possible solution

Hi all, I suspect that some random freezes are caused by false contacts in the antenna. My synthoms in a Rockpi4c+ were after some inactivity freeze.

I removed the antenna and replugged changed its position assuring the connection and I saw that in some positions the OS didn’t boot at all and finished getting freeze. I take special caution in avoid that the antenna didn’t touch the rockpi pcb at all. For now it seems stable, I will update the situation here.

still crashing :frowning:

WiFi antenna is unlikely to cause the system freeze. What power adapter are you using? Is the OS running on the SD Card or eMMC? Which OS are you running?

Hi and sorry for giving you so little data and thanks for your answer.

I’'m testing with armbian since I’ve not found no OS without systemd. The power adapter gives 3000 mah 5 volts running over sdcard. It’s only connected to the usb ports a wifi keyboard/mouse (dongle)

I think I could solved it with this thread

Till now still working with this settings (18 hours):

Minimum CPU speed = 1200000

Maximum CPU speed = 1200000

CPU governor = performance

The antenna I can tell you that the connector it’s too weak and it’s to easy that don’t make proper contact. It was funny that relative in the antenna direction when booting it hangs or not while starting, not sure it it was the cause, but I decided no to look at it too much since in my actual position it boots :S.

1 Like