RADXA ROCK 3 Model A maskrom mode cannot burn the image to EMMC solution

Dear friends:

Due to the version difference of the RK3568 chip, it may fail to burn the image to EMMC in MASKROM mode. If you find that your ROCK 3A cannot burn the image to EMMC through MASKROM mode, you need to use a specific loader to burn it:

Please check your CPU version first, if the second line starts with SB, you need to use a specific loader (https://dl.radxa.com/rock3/images/loader/rk356x_spl_loader_ddr1056_v1.12.109_no_check_todly.bin) to burn the image , if the letter in the second line starts with SC, you don’t need to pay attention

Please try to burn with this loader:
https://dl.radxa.com/rock3/images/loader/rk356x_spl_loader_ddr1056_v1.12.109_no_check_todly.bin

1 Like

Note this issue only happens on RK3568 SB revision batch chip when flashing/upgrading from USB OTG to eMMC in maskrom mode with rkdeveloptool/upgrade_tool or Windows RKDevTool, to be specific, this wiki guide.

If you use eMMC module and write it on PC with SD-to-eMMC adapter or eMMC reader, all the chip revision can work without any issue.

Hello,

I am currently following this wiki with the modification to use the no_check_todly.bin loader as I have a rk3568 with SB prefix as described in this post.

After following the wiki up through

sudo rkdeveloptool wl 0 rock-3a-debian-bullseye-xfce4-arm64-20221101-0243-gpt.img
and resetting with sudo rkdeveloptool rd the device does not boot.

Does the pre-built image I am writing not work with this chip defect even with the correct loader?

Having the same issue. I tried burning the image into EMMC before I checked that my chip was also the SB version. I can burn images into the SD card, but not the EMMC, my PC does not recognize the board any more when connected via USB. Any suggestions, other than the SD to EMMC adapter?

Sd to emmc adapter although cheap it’s also very simple and slow. Does not work in some pcie card readers (like hp, lenovo built in laptop reader).
The best option is to get usb to emmc adapter via Gen2 GL3227E - it’s fastest adapter and cost less than $10 in allnet (or maybe somewere else too).

Also You can use any other board with emmc socket if You have one.