Radxa eMMC/UFS module reader compatibility?

I bought 16 GB eMMC modules sold on AliExpress by a company called Integrated Solutions; according to the packaging, the manufacturer is likely Shenzhen Kanglixin Electronic, and the product code is 1005012783660864.

According to the specifications ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005012783660864.html ), the module should be compatible with both the Radxa Cubie A7A and the OrangePi 4 Pro - I own both of these SBCs.

However, when I insert this eMMC module into the Radxa eMMC/UFS Module Reader (model RA019 V1.214) and plug it into my PC, both the eMMC chip and the components on the reader get very hot.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem might lie - in the reader (I haven’t tested it with other eMMC/UFS modules because I don’t have any others), or in the eMMC memory?
Could one of these components be defective, or are they somehow incompatible?
And perhaps most importantly - can I test such an eMMC module in a Cubie A7A (or OPi 4 Pro)?
Could they get destroyed or damaged?

Thank you in advance for your help, Franta Hanzlik