Quad SATA HAT with Fan for Raspberry Pi 4

Hello,
i have a question about the Fan on the Quad SATA HAT kit for the Raspberry pi 4. I use it since a few month now and i also set the values of the fan in the /etc/rockpi-sata.conf
but is there a possible way to turn off the fan?
If i have the lvl1 at 55 degree and my pi idles at around 49 to 50°C then should’t the fan be off until the pi reaches 55 degree or am i wrong?
I tried many settings but i can’t get it off. The reason for have it off is because for example when i sleep during night and the pi is at idle and no workload and cool then it doesn’t need the fan and the fan produces air noises what i can listen when i am close to the room where the pi is. This is a bit load at night.

I use a noctua 5V fan that i exchanged for the original one.

Anyone a idea?

There is a bug in the code now. I will fix it later.

I fixed it. Please reinstall it.

wow that whas quick!..

Should i reinstall the SATA HAT 0.14 update or just perform the normal reinstall of the Software?

Just via

curl -sL https://rock.sh/get-rockpi-sata | sudo -E bash -

1 Like

i will test it now thanks

Note that your /etc/rockpi-sata.conf will be overwritten, so back it up first or modify it again.

I did install it and reboot the system. Then i edited the /etc/rockpi-sata.conf to the values lvl0 55° lvl1 60 etc… then i performed a /sudo systemctl restart rockpi-sata.service and now my temperature is below 50°C (45) but the fan is still on, is is on same lvl as before, mhm…

i have the opposite issue, i cannot get the upper fan to spin. any ideas on how to have it working again.
@setq