Qt Cross compile

I have Radxa cm3 io and I want use opengl for QtQuick Project.
But I can’t build qt source because I don’t know where is opengl directories?
And how to use --platform eglfs for run app smoothly.
Can anyone guide me?
Qt ver: 5.15.2 (LTS)

Can you help me guys?:pray::pray:
@Stephen @igorp @spikerguy @dominik @amazingfate @RadxaYuntian @jack @jim
If I can’t solve two problems, I have to sell this board and I will look for a board that supports these things

igorp spikerguy dominik and amazingfate are just community members. Please don’t spam ping them.

@Nasca please take a look at this issue.

Hello Mr.@RadxaYuntian, it seems that after the period of time you mentioned Mr.@Nasca and no response has been received from him, could you introduce someone who can help me install and deploy my Qt Quick application on this board using a different operating system?:pray:

Our system does not have opengl support for the moment. But you can try to Armbian System.

• Do you have a date for support opengl on Ubuntu?
  • Are the instructions of cross compile on Armbian like Ubuntu?
  • Do you have any tutorials for running Armbian OS Qt and special run with --platform eglfs?
  • What do you think about the Android operating system?

For qt cross compile, you can refer to this link.

Your instruction does not support qtquick
-> no-opengl

@RadxaYuntian, @Nasca Which are images of Armbian those compatible with Radxa cm3 io?
And does Manjaro OS support qt quick?
And after installed, do I have to install kernel or other system apps?
And what about android?
Please answer each of my request!:pray::pray:
Thx.

For CM3 IO, currently it is not supported by other systems.

Qt for Android seems to support OpenGL ES for a while.

@RadxaYuntian, @Nasca For Android, how to set Pin8, Pin10 as port serial (UART)?
Or how to use another port serial if there is.

@liuxian Please take a look at above Android question.

To modify the debug serial port bound to fiq_debugger to a regular serial port, follow these steps:
1,Remove the relevant fiq_debugger definitions in the kernel directory:
— a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3568-android.dtsi
+++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3568-android.dtsi
@@ -6,7 +6,7 @@

/ {
			chosen: chosen {
	-               bootargs = "earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0xfe660000 console=ttyFIQ0";
	+               bootargs = "";
			};

aliases {
	@@ -26,7 +26,7 @@
					interrupts = <GIC_SPI 252 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW>;
					pinctrl-names = "default";
					pinctrl-0 = <&uart2m0_xfer>;
	-               status = "okay";
	+               status = "disabled";
			};

2,Enable the configuration for uart2 in the DTS (Device Tree Source) file in the kernel directory: 
	--- a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-rock-compute-module-3.dtsi
	+++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-rock-compute-module-3.dtsi
	@@ -643,6 +643,12 @@
			pinctrl-0 = <&uart1m0_xfer &uart1m0_ctsn>;
	 };

+&uart2 {
	+    status = "okay";
	+    pinctrl-names = "default";
	+    pinctrl-0 = <&uart2m0_xfer>;
	+};

3,Remove the following configuration from the kernel configuration file
	 CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE

OK, thx @liuxian the android image is on this page and download file.
Well, considering that I don’t have access to the file 6.boot.img, how should I make these modifications in the .dtsi files?
Or after installed android then access to root is in your opinion!
This is for linux after installed. How about android?

And how to check my Pin8, Pin10 as port serial (UART)? (like command line)
Please answer each of my request!

You can download the android source code at the following address for modification

Branch: Android11_Radxa_rk11.1
Android root permission acquisition is documented in the source code:
RKDocs\android\patches\root
The uart port can be viewed through the adb command of android or related serial port app

Thx @liuxian, do you have a simple qt source code for connect to uart for android? or guide me?
Because I am newbie to android!
So after I installed official Android image cm3, I have serial console notification, is it ok?!

• Is it necessary to access by manifest file to connect to the serial port on pins 8 and 10(uart) in the Android application?!
  • For reading and writing on uart in Android likes Ubuntu (as programming)?!

The serial console notification is because it is still a debug, and the source code needs to be modified to be used as a normal serial port.
Android serial port access is the same as ubuntu.

Want to use opengles in QT?
Have you tried to use QT->SDL2->opengles in the linux system?
I have seen a small part of the source code of SDL2 before, and it seems to support opengles.

So much thanks @liuxian yes I want to use opengl in qt, but in Linux (Ubuntu), I can’t compile and configure qt source code when enable opengl, and forth post of this page is said not supporting opengl yet!!
*** I came to Android because I could use graphics card (Mali) for my application, not just CPU, because of the same problem I told you about Linux.

• You mean that because Android is now in debug mode, I can’t use uart from those two pins??
  • In this mode, it means debug, the applications don’t run quickly, because it’s not in release!?
  • I have to build the Android image again ?! (Do you have tutorial to build Android image)
  • If I connect a USB to serial cable to the USB of this board, I can read and write or do I have to root?

I would appreciate it if you could answer my questions, because I am new to Android and I appreciate your patience. :pray::pray:

1. Opengles should be configured instead of opengl.
  2. The androd uart is currently in debug mode. In this mode, the system will output related startup logs from pin6, pin8, and pin10. Of course, you can also input debugging commands through the serial port.
  3. To use the regular serial port function, you need to modify the android source code and rebuild the android image (https://github.com/radxa/manifests explains how to build and compile the environment)
  4. USB to serial port cable, we usually connect the USB port to the PC, and the serial port to pin6, pin8, pin10

Hi @liuxian I tried to make android and download very slowly with over 100 Gb but I can’t build it.
Can you build this for download :pray:
I have not any option
If not working I have to sell these boards :expressionless: unfortunately!

@Nasca @RadxaYuntian I discussed to forum of Armbian with admin and told me armbian doese not supported this board, unfortunately