Power supply for the rockpi

Thank you.
I checked all the connections, it looks like everything went
exactly as planned and I gave 12V to the type c input.
Still don’t know what happened.
Found this in the USB PD documentation :

What do you think of that? From the schematic it looks like the Rock can handle voltages of up to 24V.

By configuring the VSR, external MCU is able to trigger a request USB PD
process. LDR6015T will launch a request package when a configuration change in VSR
is detected. In this case, if the VSR=1 to 5 is detected,LDR6015T will launch a request
message to request the voltage 5V-20V of the PDO of attached DFP device
correspondingly;if the VSR=0 is detected after VSR has been configured as
above,Hard reset will be sent,otherwise, LDR6015T will do nothing.
VSR PDO Order
VSR2 VSR1 VSR0
0 0 0 Send hard reset
0 0 1 Request 5V
0 1 0 Request 9V
0 1 1 Request 12V
1 0 0 Request 15V
1 0 1 Request 20V
1 1 0 Reserved
1 1 1 Reserved

The Buck can handle any of the negotiated voltages or one of those applied direct apart from 5v as the drop of the buck lowers volts to far.

1 Like

Thanks.
Yesterday I finally discovered my mistake.
I need it to be water-resistant so I use a box and a plug. It’s a non-interchangeable plug,
so this was the least I thought of but I did and it showed, that it connects plus to minus.

Bummer mate, thought it might be reverse polarity though.

1 Like

Yes, true. I checked that the current of the battery was correct(+12V) and the wires and soldering points from the plug. I should have checked the current where my loads connected.
Thanks for the help anyways, I still learned a lot about powering the Rock and learned to check all crucial points.
All works perfectly now.

1 Like

That Green led is so OP :slight_smile: but looks good, glad you got there.

1 Like

Saw Allnet now also ships a USB cable for the power supply with an on/off switch.
Might be handy for some users as the device has no physical power button.
Will need to let them know to add China/Netherlands Post too for shipping small items like these next week.

1 Like

Doesn’t work with 5v though as the buck gives a small v drop

Hi there. What about using macbook charger? example

I think that’s a bit overkill, but I read somewhere that the rock pi 4b is capable of using that tho… don’t quote me on this.

I personally use an Anker QC 3.0 (ITERATION 7) wall adapter, and the Anker USB-C cable. It works amazingly well.

additional note - purchased more Anker QC 3.0. They sent me “iteration 5”. It does not work with Rock Pi. Only a green led stays on, and no blue comes up. Super wack.

Yep, works for me :slight_smile:

In your reply and wiki it is written

9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A and 20V/2A

But will one of my adapters work with board if it is 12V/2.5A or (6.5V-9V)/2A?

Yes, it can work. Input voltage ranges from 5.5V to 20V.

Yes, make sure that the voltage provided by your adapter is greater than 5.5V and the current is greater than 2A.

@radxa Can you advise if this splitter will work with RockPi 4A. I found that video which says you must use an isolated splitter. But this video is for Raspberry. Is it the case fo RockPi board too? If yes can you recommend any splitter for Rock Pi 4A? Unfortunately I have 4A and I cannot use POE Hat.

@Druid I believe ROCK Pi won’t have this issue since ROCK Pi power input is not directly to to the system but has DC-DC on board already.

I tried TL-POE10R with Rock PI 4A. It works well with SSD connected. But once I connect HDMI it won’t start. I see LED blinks for a few milliseconds and that is it. So it looks board is designed similar to Raspberry.

Never, ever, don’t. Mine is fried with 20V.

The TL-POE10R spec says:

12VDC 1A, 9VDC 1A, 5VDC 2A selectable

Which one do you select? I suggest you use 12V. Also, how do you convert the DC 5.5x2.1mm to type C?

Never, ever, don’t. Mine is fried with 20V. I think “Radxa Team” label should be deleted from your name.

How did you exactly burn your ROCK Pi 4? I am responsible for all the post I posted on this forum. If anything I said mislead you to burn your board, please point it out.