Power adapter for 24/7 operation

Hi.

I bought Rock Pi E and will use it as my second DNS server. As it will be running 24/7 I have concerns about using phone chargers as they are not intended to be used for non stop operation.

What can you recommend?

@maigonis,

I’m currently using this I got from Amazon…

I was looking at this - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B017XBDBI6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1 . ANker specifications dont list charger output for some reason, but QC3.0 seems to be fine. (according to QC3.0 specifications)

I would agree according to on paper, it should work… are you connecting to a UPS? my specifications were to allow for USB C PD… the QC3.0 was a nice feature as well on the one I posted…

its only 12.99… id say give it a go, and if it doesn’t work out, it is amazon after all… just make sure you have the proper cable to go to the Rock Pi.

I’m using armbian and I have read documentation. I’ll look up good cable for sure.

1 Like

Digging around a bit more I have decided to better buy original Raspberry Pi power supply, but there is one problem as I can see - 5.1V / 3.0A DC output. Rock Pi E needs no more that 5V input, or is it fine?

I am using one of my old mobile adapter which was qc2 for Xiaomi Mi5.

RockpiE is running 24/7 on it with opnsense firewall.