Please make a PD 3.0 (power, video, date over one USB-C wire) for the new Rock 6. And also a soft square power button for the fanless Ameridroid case.

Please make a PD 3.0 (power, video, date over one USB-C wire) for the new Rock 6. And also a soft square power button like on Maxtang for the fanless Ameridroid case.

Rock5b has already supported PD3.0.

Wow, cool! Thank you very much. I have not seen information about this anywhere. Then I wish the Radxa team to make future boards equal in power to Ryzen 7 7940HS and iGPU 780M. I also hope that there will be boards supporting 8K@120Hz in the future.

I found this picture, it says PD 2.0. How is it different? Or can it be upgraded to 3.0?
It looks like this feature is properly called Alternate Mode (DP). I just saw this name “PD3.0” on a Quieter3c nettop.

DP alt mode works on rock5b. Yes it only works on pd3.0.

Not sure if it works or not? You said alternate DP mode works on rock5b. And then you say that the alternative mode only works with PD3.0. Does rock5b have PD3.0 or only PD2.0?

If there is only PD2.0 supported, dp alt mode won’t work. But rock5b has dp alt mode supported, which is tested with my cforce typec monitor.

2 Likes

Does this mean that rock5b has PD3.0? Are you powering rock5b and transmitting DP over one cable? Does this connection support 4K@120Hz on rock5b?
Does the ROCK 5 Model A support PD3.0 with DP? And why isn’t it for sale anywhere?

I’m powering rock5b from my typec monitor with one typec cable, and rock5b is ouputing the display also by the same cable. Rock5b should support 4K@120Hz display, but the default device tree limits the output to 4K@60Hz, you need to configure the device tree to display reoslution higher than 4K60Hz.
Rock5a doesn’t support dp alt mode, it is using a pd negotiation ic for just power input.

The PD implementation in the Rock 5B is software-based. If your kernel supports PD 3.0, it will work on the Rock 5B.

1 Like