Penta SATA Kit Rock Pi 4 - OLED Config doesn't work

Please upgrade to the latest kernel. (Now the latest is 4.4.154-110-rockchip-gcef30e88a9f5)

When I type sudo apt-get install linux-4.4-latest it says that I’m already on the newest version
What’s unminimize ? I don’t remember executing such a command.

Try using testing repo.

I’m already using the latest kernel. I’ll try the test repo.

I switched to the testing repo, upgraded to the latest kernet and rebooted, still no button actions :

~$ uname -r
4.4.154-110-rockchip-gcef30e88a9f5
~$ sudo python3 test-button.py
=== Button test ===

What’s the unminimize command ? Is it mandatory to make the service working ?

Just

sudo unminimize

@totocrenn @ma3oun

It may be the cause of libmraa. I will confirm and reply to you tomorrow.

1 Like

@totocrenn @ma3oun

Please install the latest u-boot

sudo apt-get install rockpi4b-rk-u-boot-latest

@totocrenn

And thank you for your help.

1 Like

Thanks for your support @setq . The installation process does not seem to be working:

You are currently running on board:
ROCK PI 4B
There will be two steps that you have to confirm. One is upgrading bootloader on SPI Flash.
The other is upgrading bootloader on eMMC or uSD card.

Step one: upgrade bootloader on SPI Flash
One boot device, SPI Flash, is found, would you like to upgrade bootloader on it?
The installation would cost about seven minutes.
If yes, type Y/y. If no, type N/n.
y
Overwrite bootloader to SPI Flash device.
Writing /dev/mtd0 with content of /usr/lib/u-boot-rockpi4b/spi/uboot-trust-spi.img
Erasing 4 Kibyte @ 0 – 0 % complete libmtd: error!: MEMERASE64 ioctl failed for eraseblock 0 (mtd0)
error 110 (Connection timed out)
flash_erase: error!: /dev/mtd0: MTD Erase failure
Erasing 4 Kibyte @ 1000 – 0 % complete libmtd: error!: MEMERASE64 ioctl failed for eraseblock 1 (mtd0)
flash_erase: error!: /dev/mtd0: MTD Erase failure
Erasing 4 Kibyte @ 2000 – 0 % complete libmtd: error!: MEMERASE64 ioctl failed for eraseblock 2 (mtd0)

etc. etc.

EDIT

I retried the procedure by typing no for the SPI flash and yes for eMMC. The update completed. The button is now working but the fan is still running at max speed. Almost there !

As ma3oun, the u-boot update on the emmc resolve the issue. The button is working !

Thank you @setq for your help and patience !

@ma3oun For the fan, I will have to wait to receive my Noctua NF-A4x10 5V PWM to test it out.

@totocrenn @ma3oun

The fan is running at full speed, which is a bug.

I made a rookie mistake that has now been fixed. Please reinstall software of Penta SATA HAT.

1 Like

Is the new version available on the repository? The package is already the latest version after I run update and upgrade.

curl -sL https://rock.sh/get-rockpi-penta | sudo -E bash -

OK. It seems to be working now :slight_smile: . The only strange thing left is when I execute a reboot or a shutdown, the fan goes to max speed until the board shuts down. But maybe this is intended?
Thanks for the support :slight_smile: !

This seems to be normal. My install on Debian does the same thing runs at full speed for a while then shuts off…

any more updates on this? i have similar issue here with rock Pi penta SATA kit… fan is not working, no oled. i checked mraa seems installed correctly.
also get some issues like this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/rockpi-penta/main.py”, line 3, in
import fan
File “/usr/bin/rockpi-penta/fan.py”, line 6, in
pin13 = mraa.Pwm(13)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/mraa.py”, line 560, in init
this = _mraa.new_Pwm(pin, owner, chipid)
ValueError: Error initialising PWM on pin

Seems PWM now setup correctly?

Try:

sudo apt-get install libmraa --reinstall