PD Problems solved!

Even after the OEM supply, OEM eMMC, everything. The piece of crap is now at the bottom of a freaking lake. No more boot issues for me. Screw this.

2nd time i have been burnt by their poor engineering skills, never again.

1 Like

do you know what are you talking about?

1 Like

Donā€™t patronize me, twit. Yes i know what the F- iā€™m talking about. I have been in this business longer than you have been alive iā€™m sure.

1 Like

Hey there @anon83451209, from this twit to a fellow twat, PD works, even if itā€™s a bit finicky. An Apple 20W charger worked; a laptop power supply did not. Go figure. It takes a bit more fiddling than desirable, but itā€™s doable. The Radxa power supply should resolve those issues. Iā€™m booting from NVMe via SPI, one of the worst scenarios for PD.

Whelp, your Rock5 B is at the bottom of a lake. That sure canā€™t get fixed now. If youā€™ve been working with tech for >50 years, you need to eat some humble pie and start learning. Never, ever assume you know it all. I know Iā€™m learning something new every week, and Iā€™ve been fiddling with tech for 40 years.

Howā€™s that for patronizing? Go ahead and assign twits from ā€œElon Muskā€ (1) to ā€œSir Nigel Incubator Jonesā€ (5).

3 Likes

read-comments-michael-jackson

4 Likes

I developed chips in the 80s for General Motors and have built countless ARM (and other) based products over the years, so i do actually have a clue No, i dont know everything but know enough that their engineers are idiots and that this board is crap and not worth my time to bother with it, so its gone. Nor will i trust Radxa ever again. This was my 2nd purchase of their products, and the last.

Furthermore, a released product should not need to be ā€˜fiddled withā€™ just to make work. That is an excuse. This isnā€™t a beta, or experimental model where you DO expect that. Its a freaking officially released product. Sure, incremental code improvements are acceptable and expected, but It should at least function out of box, like with all the other vendors on the planet.

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of online (Chinese) ā€œdevelopment boardsā€, where internationally recognised norms and consumer rights can at times be ā€¦ ā€œvagueā€ ā€¦ compared to other countries.

I donā€™t suppose you feel like sending your Radxa board(s) to Australia, or are they swimming with the fishes, too? ;).

ps: I feel that the situation is somewhat better than it was a decade ago, but it remains to be seen if things will continue to improve in the post-COVID world.

I gave away the others a year ago. They did at least function, just were poor design.

EDIT: and im done bashing them now as my frustration with them is out of my system. You all have a good time with their stuff and good luck. Iā€™m out.

2 Likes

I read this with some amusementā€¦ I am 71 years old, but I figured out how to update SPI flash and run both the Debian and Ubuntu distros from NVMe.

Itā€™s Really Fast and has been Really Stable with a $10 Samsung phone travel charger (TA-800, ā€œSuper Fast Chargingā€ PDQ/PPC/USB 3.0 PD 25W).

3 Likes

You missed my point entirely, perhaps you are too old and comprehension is waning?

This help? : As a customer, i refuse to fix their mistakes. Period.

EDIT: and short of blocking email from the domain, how does one stop all notices from this forum and disable their account here? I am done with Radxa, and you people.

1 Like

Well he might be old but you are just a moron acting up like a teenager. ā€˜This peopleā€™ doesnt need you either.
Take care little shark little fishes will be enjoying your board down the ā€˜lakeā€™. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

F-off twit.

Hey, if i get belligerent on here perhaps they will ban me and solve my request to be removed. They wont respond to a request to be removed, go figure. Stupid idiots run that company. And apparently so are most of the people that continue to use their crappy productsā€¦

Oh and i said lake not sea. Learn to read.

Iā€™d love to know what other ARM boards youā€™ve used in your many years of experience that lead you to the conclusion that the Rock 5B is crap. You seem to have unrealistically high expectations, and could even be blaming the wrong device ā€¦ if you werenā€™t so experienced and knowledgeable.

As far as I can tell all the features that Radxa advertised are functional, the only shortcoming Iā€™ve come across has been the metal case. I didnā€™t have a single problem getting the board operational, but perhaps that was more about realistic expectations based on decades of experience and research, rather than pot luck and relying on the ramblings of some of the young people in the forum prior to shipment.

Iā€™d have thought someone of similar age and experience would have been equally well prepared, and respond to their self-imposed stress with more maturity, rather than pouring their raw and under-developed emotional intelligence all over a public forum.

ā€¦ but we all have bad days, I guess.

Realistic expectations of a product is it at least works out of the box. Quit making excuses for these losers. Sure, improvements after shipping are fine but it should function with ZERO effort. And no i will not go into my history. You dont deserve my time. While i would have of course never bought a simple dev board for use in a shipping product as that is not what they are meant for, could you imagine buying a truck load of modules for a product and none were working because the vendor dropped the ball on fundamental functionality? No i bet you cant since you are a lowly hobbyist, These idiots have proven they are not trustworthy.

And since the Radxa team cant even bother to boot me as I have asked, i guess ill have to just block email. Too bad they are not in the UK or i could sue them for not acting on my request to destroy my account and all history.

Also, if you had even minimal reading comprehension, you would realize my ā€˜immaturityā€™ was put out to try to get me banned, since they wont remove me by request. I want my account gone, and clearly that was plan B.

I doubt you will get much interaction now maybe think about anything from meditation to medication and getting some help.

Yep, youā€™re nailing it!

Just keep going with the bad manners and poor grammar and the world will think that England IS full of arrogant whinging poms like you ā€¦ oh, wait ā€¦

Same answer to you as the others ( as exit this shit hole for good. )

f-off

Bye! Donā€™t let the door ā€¦ Oh, heā€™s gone for good, no point in nailing it closed, I guess.

Wakanda 5 Eva Bruno!
:computer_mouse::computer_mouse::fax::keyboard::dvd::cd::floppy_disk::minidisc: years of experience in stupidity.

@ DarkevilPT Hey, thanks for the idea as i was logging off. Is this enough to get me banned, i wonder?