No audio on Rock5B with HDMI (Android 12 rk

Hello,
I have installed android on my rock 5b from here ( Rock5B-Android12-rkr12-Box-20221129-gpt.zip) and am not getting audio out on my TV.

Is this a known bug/limitation or do I have to modify some setting?

TV is a LG OLED

Thanks

I have the same problem on an Epson projector EH-TW5650 (but curiously output through the internal projector speaker audio works, only if I try to play through 3.5 mm jack-connected speakers it doesn’t). I don’t know why this would happen but I wanted to ask the same question.

Bluetooth audio works fine.

This image: https://github.com/radxa/manifests/releases/download/RockPi-android12/ROCK-5B-Android12-rkr10-20221008-1808-gpt.zip

I am planning to boot through one of the community images for android today to see if that fixes this. (I doubt it will, but I want rooted android and Google TV).

in audio settings you can set it to passthrough to hdmi perhaps that helps

Same here. No audio via HDMI to a Denon amplifier using Armbian jammy /gnome.

Same issue on my Hisense TV. Glad I’m not the only one.

edit: On the Oct. 9 image, not the release from 5 days ago.

I literally tried all permutations of settings possible to see if it works. At this point I almost certain that this is broken at the software level.

1 Like

My current is one from 5 days ago and it is broken.

1 Like

well the official box image is not with googletv and not rooted

No audio on Rock5B with HDMI on Ubuntu Server. Well, almost no audio. Left channel audio at low volume using headphone out. No digital audio output device appearing in Pulse Audio. ALSA sees audio devices. No option to select a digital output. Anyone have similar issues?

Can someone from the radxa team look at this?
The googleTV images have audio working but not the available radxa android images.

Have you tried the 20221129 images? Audio works on them.

Yes I have. Audio doesn’t work on it.

2 Likes

In my case 29.11 image has audio via hdmi, but on nvme image from 04.11 has no audio and can’t do anything to make it working.
It is sad because the nvme image compared to SD card is works extremely fast.

For me the Google TV image from community has audio but the Google TV is a piracy nightmare with 0 customization, and it literally stalls every 10 seconds.