NIO12L Cases are Available

For any developers or others with early access to the NIO12L, I have added it to SBC Case Builder based on the Radxa STEP Model. Here is one of several case designs that are available which can also be customized.

4 Likes

I recently received my NIO12L and attempted to print a test case . As it turns out, the Radxa NIO12L STEP model used for modeling the NIO12L in SBC Model Framework had issues that prevented the creation of an accurate case. The PCB thickness was incorrect and the hole pattern was skewed, amongst other component problems. After some hand measurement, adjustment and additional test prints there is now a workable model within SBC Model Framework and accurate cases being generated within SBC Case Builder for the NIO12L.

Width = 146.6mm, Depth = 80.2mm, Top = 11.5mm, Bottom = 6.5mm

The test case named nio12l_shell is available right below the rock5b_shell test case from the drop down menu at the top of the SBC Case Builder application. The NIO12L test case uses 2.5 inserts and screws so change them if you want to use different fasteners, but keep in mind 2.5mm fasteners are the largest the PCB holes can accommodate. The insert diameter and height might also need to be changed depending on the ones your using. These settings can be changed under the Tab SBC Top Standoff Global Settings.

Both SBC Case Builder and it’s submodule SBC Model Framework will need to be updated for those with prior SBCCB revisions already installed.