Need Root Access for Android Rock PI

Hi,

i’ve searched the wiki and the community sides. But nothing tells me how i get root on this device. Could someone help me ?

Greets

I’ve helped myself with adb root.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m interested in getting root access. Could you provide more information please ? what did you install on your computer beside adb tools ? How did you connect your RockPi board to your computer ?

Thanks for helping a beginner in rock pi world,

Mathieu

[user@workstation ~]$ adb shell
rk3399_box:/ $ su
rk3399_box:/ # 

That’s all there is to it. You can connect by USB, or you can connect by TCP if you’ve enabled “internet adb” in the developer options menu (search google if you don’t know what that menu is or how to find it).

1 Like

Have you managed to install SuperSU (or any other root apps)? I’ve gotten to where I can write to /system through adb and am trying to manually do what the flashable zip normally would, but haven’t gotten it to work so far. (Android 7.1.2)

Progress so far:
adb root
adb disable-verity
adb reboot

adb root
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw /system

Trying to follow along the installer script in supersu.zip, but so far not working.

Got it partially working.

Unzip the supersu zip to your working directory, do the above, then

adb root
adb remount

adb push common/Superuser.apk /system/app/SuperSU/SuperSU.apk
adb shell chmod 0644 /system/app/SuperSU/SuperSU.apk
adb shell chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/app/SuperSU/SuperSU.apk

adb push arm64/su /system/xbin/daemonsu
adb shell chmod 0755 /system/xbin/daemonsu
adb shell chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/xbin/daemonsu

adb reboot

adb root
adb shell daemonsu --auto-daemon

Open SuperSU and let it update the su binary and reboot

You now have a boot loop, but adb is still working.

adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process64
adb shell mv /system/bin/app_process64_original /system/bin/app_process64
adb shell ln -s /system/bin/app_process64 /system/bin/app_process
adb shell reboot

It’ll reboot properly now. But root doesn’t work properly because daemonsu isn’t getting launched. This part needs to be run at every reboot.

adb root
adb shell daemonsu --auto-daemon

SuperSU will still complain about wanting to update, but just hit cancel. Root apps will work until the next reboot. I still can’t figure out a way to get it to launch at startup since the built in method causes the bootloop.

I must VERY STRONGLY ADVISE against the use of “supersu”. That is a binary only program that is developed by a very hostile entity. I would not trust that trash for one second.

If you absolutely must install an android-side gatekeeper application, you really should use proper SuperUser/Magisk, which is open source.

I’d prefer a magisk solution, but it’s install script is even more complex than the supersu one, have you managed to install it without TWRP?

I must be out of the loop as well, I remember ChainFire being a respected developer back when I frequented xda regularly.

How do you figure?
You install the application, it asks you to supply a boot.img, which it patches for you, then you write it to the partition.

As far as “respected developer” goes on xda, it has absolutely no meaning. That forum is filled with nothing but a bunch of pre-teen retards.

It doesn’t support the rockchip boot.img format. I’ve tried to extract it convert it to a standard boot.img format, patch, and convert back, but I can’t get it to boot after.

If you build the firmware, you have to turn on the BUILD_WITH_MAGISK_SUPPORT in the make file to true then you can patch the boot.img and it will boot.

@Flora_Olivia Then ask your phone manufacturer or look on xda forum for a rooted ROM or how to flash Magisk. This forum can’t help you.