MPI-CSI-camera interface Radxa zero 3W

Does any one know what cameras are compatible with the Radxa Zero 3W? Is for example the t PiNOIR för Raspberry Pi v.2 compatible with the board?

Kind regards
Liz

Quoted from Raspberry Pi site:

The infrared Raspberry Pi Camera Module 2 NoIR replaced the original PiNoIR Camera Module in April 2016. The Camera Module 2 Pi NoIR has a Sony IMX219 8-megapixel sensor (compared to the 5-megapixel OmniVision OV5647 sensor of the original camera).

The Camera Module 2 NoIR gives you everything the standard Camera Module offers, with one difference: it does not employ an infrared filter. (NoIR = No I nfra r ed filter.) This means that pictures you take by daylight will look decidedly curious, but it gives you the ability to see in the dark with infrared lighting.

The answer is here:

This camera version (and the previous one) will work.

Great, thank you for your quick reply!
I understand there might be multiple reason for this. But somehow I cnt to make the camera work. Are there any specific settings that needs to be doine… like on the raspi-config?

v4l2-ctl --list-devices gives me
Cannot open device /dev/video0, exiting.

Any help is appreciated.

/Liz

In the Rockchip linux world, not everything works out of the box, if you come from a Raspi world, be prepared to sweat, but in the end of the day, it pays off.

If you use Radxa Image, there is rsetup
Use gstreamer to get/display/record images from the sensor.

If you get dark and green images, the camera engine is not running, use v4l2-ctl to set/config the sensor, search the forum for more info… good luck

@Alvin can you give a guide for using the imx219 camera ?

Hi,
You can read this tutorial.
https://docs.radxa.com/en/zero/zero3/accessories/camera