Miscellaneous testing

Thanks, those temps do seem quite high.

Here’s mine while running an ik_llama workload:

orion@orion:~$ sensors
scmi_sensors-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
VPU:          +46.0°C  
GPU_btm:      +46.0°C  
GPU_top:      +47.0°C  
SOC_BRC:      +48.0°C  
DDR_btm:      +50.0°C  
DDR_top:      +55.0°C  
CI:           +49.0°C  
NPU:          +49.0°C  
CPU_M1:       +51.0°C  
CPU_B1:       +60.0°C  
CPU_M0:       +57.0°C  
CPU_B0:       +56.0°C  
SOC_TRC:      +55.0°C  
PCB_HOT:      +47.0°C  
PCB_AMB:      +41.0°C

I’m using the Radxa AI Kit Case - and a small copper plate sandwiched between the CPU and heatsink (more context here - it seems like the AI Kit makes poor contact by default: Test of the AI PC kit ).

I’m thinking my issue probably isn’t heat. I did consider faulty memory as a possibility because it would usually happen while benchmarking large dense models (32B or 70B) but, although I haven’t run Memtest from a bootable, I did run a Memory Tester App within Debian (cant recall the name) for a while and that all seemed okay. Might be something to do with the CPU Scaling Governor or something - I think I recalled flicking that setting at one point and didn’t have it crash (commands are mentioned here: DeepSeek-R1-Distill-Qwen-1.5B on Orion O6 CPU ).

BTW, if you’re using the Orion for LLM’s, consider using ik_llama over llama.cpp. There’s some optimizations there that improve Prompt Processing around 2x on the Orion: Llama.cpp - Benchmarks