MIPI Display Support

Thank you Stephen.
I can use my 10.1 MIPI DSI display along with my Rock 5B now.
I am so happy.

2 Likes

Thanks Stephen for getting this going really appreciated. Can confirm all up and running under Ubuntu now.

Just as a note for anybody wanting to rotate the screen to landscape you can use the below command and of course add this to a start up script if needed.

$echo 3 | sudo tee /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate_all

Cheers

and i suspect changing the number for other rotations right?

@hannes-campidell correct

0 - Normal rotation
1 - Rotate clockwise
2 - Rotate upside down
3 - Rotate counter-clockwise

Cheers

1 Like

thankyou for the infos and does it also work to rotate it from xrandr or from the desktop and does it need a reboot

xrander isnā€™t installed by default so havenā€™t tested it or the Debian image yet. Primarily I would like to get Android running on it at this stage but in the mean time have some other testing to be done with some HATS before reloading OS.

Cheers

@Stephen Iā€™m trying to use a BTT pitft50 display with rock5b. Is there any way to get this working?

2 Likes

The next thing to resolve is the touch screen function. How to set it properly on debian.

that should be easy becaus it is just i2c

I have a problem with how to calibrate the touch area.
When I want to touch the top-left area, I should touch the top-right area.
Could you please give me a solution?

just rotate the screen with this command:

echo 2 | sudo tee /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate_all

and all problems should dissapear

It doesnā€™t work when I use Debian with desktop.
I was using Display Setting and change the rotation to the left or right to rotate the screen.

I am also having problem. Could not manage it to work. May be today I will try from scratch.
I donā€™t have the /sys/class/drm/card0-DSI-1 folder in the debian system

Ok it worked on ubuntu
I needed to fix apt repo for radxa as explained here

So, the screen lights up like it has power, but has no signal. When I cat modes in /sys/class/drm/card0-DSI-1, I get 800x1280. Currently running kernel 5.10.110-34 and extlinux.conf shows /dtbs/5.10.110-34-rockchip-gca15bbe36e6c/rockchip/overlay/rock-5b-radxa-display-10hd.dtbo. Not sure what to try next.

how to do this in armbian?

how to do this in android?

The next Android release will support the Radxa Display 10.

2 Likes

At last yesterday I managed it to work on armbian also

Hi @tsadigov,

thatā€™s a great news ! I find that display very nice.

Would you be kind enough to share your knowledge on how to achieve this under Armbian.