Latest images on RockPi-S NAND flash

Hi,
I am trying to program the latest Armbian image to the 8Gb NAND flash on RockPi-S. This fails. The older Debian Buster image however worked. Does somebody know why this is?
Thx LJB

My steps:
$ sudo ./rkdeveloptool ld
DevNo=1 Vid=0x2207,Pid=0x330e,LocationID=108 Maskrom
$ sudo ./rkdeveloptool db ./rk3308_loader_uart0_m0_emmc_port_support_sd_20190717.bin
$ sudo ./rkdeveloptool wl 0 ~/Downloads/Armbian_23.02.1_Rockpi-s_jammy_edge_6.1.14_minimal.img
$ sudo ./rkdeveloptool rd

The unit fails to boot.
If I program the following image, it boots:
$ sudo ./rkdeveloptool wl 0 ~/Downloads/rockpis_debian_buster_server_arm64_20210924_0412-gpt.img

Armbian image contains everything, including boot loader but with this proprietary flashing method it might work or not. Flashing method was even recently added to the build framework so you can build and flash directly.

It was successfully tested only on RK3588 and Rockchip private kernel which has support for internal NAND/eMMC flash. Here is a problem. With modern mainline kernel, this feature might not work. In some cases this means never as its expensive to port and maintain features so you are forced to use SD card if you want to use modern kernel.

Wow, that link is exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you very much

LJB