Its dead, No signs of life at all!

Welp, it seems I finally done it… There appears to be no power to the unit… the cable and pd brick are fine as they charge and run devices no problem…

There are no lights on the unit, I cant get it to show up on the rkdevtoolkit app, nor by serial console. I cannot get it to show any signs of life.

anyone have any tips i can try to revive this lil hunk-o-junk?

Try hooking it to a computer via a usb-c to usb-c cable and looking at built-in serial console output.

Please use USB C to C or C to A cable to connect to PC, you will see a serial console device.

1 Like

Alright… well… I have a serial console now… and I’ll get into the problem shortly.

1. serial console settings on the wiki are incorrect. It’s not 115200 baud. Update the wiki to match this one.
    https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/dev/serial-console

2. whomever decided it was a great idea to output serial over the same connector that delivers power should re-examine their head. Many motherboards don’t output enough current to keep the e25 happy, and if I use the pdbrick I don’t get console… how hard is it to use the other usb connector for console output or have 2-3 usb-c connectors, or have a mini/micro HDMI for video output. It does not like a usb-c hub with power delivery either. The single most frustrating thing about this board… console and power on the same connector. Include a usb-c y adapter.

Now the machine wasn’t booting because of the silly little maskrom button beside the processor. Somehow the little conductive dome switch became inverted holding the button down… I removed the springy metal some thing and it boots now… But only into maskrom mode… I realize this is due to an unreadable boot drive… But I’ve flashed it a few times “successfuly” from the rkdevtoolkit but it will not boot out of maskrom mode.

Now I’m out of ideas.

1 Like

Can you take a picture of the maskrom button?

Its taken apart. I can take a pic of the piece i took out… if wanted.

because right now its just an open switch without the little metal dome.

Yeah, it was a pain when trying to debug my E25 with AP-grade WLAN adapter drawing up to 10W on its own, as well.

its definitely dead. I need to buy a new CM3 board…
I wont be however, this thing has been a nightmare since the day i bought it. Poor support and design has sealed the deal for me.