It crashes with Windows 10

I have installed the Chinese version of W10, but I noticed that, if not connected to the HDM the network does not work, and therefore I cannot reach it remotely, I have done a lot of tests, and it seems to have the usual problem that it has on Ubuntu.No HDMI NO NETWORK.If I always remain connected remotely, without ever losing the connection, it works. Can it be solved with some software or is it really a hardware problem? At the moment it is unusable.

Sorry to say but you haven’t tested thoroughly.

In Ubuntu with a recent kernel, the network (eth0 or wlan0) works with or without HDMI connected to the board, you may have another issue, maybe related to the ACPI to save power and battery life.

I have the latest Ubuntu Desktop installed, and without the script for the virtual desktop, once the monitor is turned off, it is practically dead. Same thing on Windows. So in your opinion it can be a bios setting problem? Because at present, with Windows is basically a brick

Just attach hdmi cable (without connecting the screen) and chill.

Thanks. The program I log into remotely seems to work. Anydesk does not work. It remains stuck on the login screen, as if when I log in with the password it no longer has a screen.

After about 2 hours it was down again … I move the mouse and it starts again, although the suspension options are set correctly with the network that must always remain active

Try this:

Ubuntu

• Disable any power management, make sure it does not turn off any device after X times

• Disable all screensaver

• for the network (eth and wlan):
    ping from board IP to your PC box:
    Your board IP, say, 192.168.0.100
    Your PC box IP, say, 192.168.0.55

Do this in cmd line (radxa board):

ping 192.168.0.55 (leave it running)

Wait for 2 hours, try to connect to the board from your PC box, it will work! Yes, blame the Power save mode. If you install Gnome Desktop you will find somehow Gnome “Wake up” the interface when you try to connect from a remote PC after a long period of inactivity (you don’t need to pingback as described).

alternatively at your own risk you could try:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=off apm=off"

Windows

• Disable any power management, make sure it does not turn off any device after X times
  • Disable all screensaver

In Windows, you have an option called keep-alive, and it is set to 2 hours (By default, ‘keepalive’ is set to 7200000 ms ( = 2 hours)). That means every 2 hours Windows send a keep-alive and if it finds not a valid connection it “shut down” any connection, I think the interface is put to sleep.

Find the Key and change it to 10 min, use the Regedit:

KeepAliveTime
Key: Tcpip\Parameters
Value Type: REG_DWORD-time in milliseconds
Valid Range: 1-0xFFFFFFFF
Default: **7,200,000 (two hours) <= change it to 10 min
Description: The parameter controls how often TCP attempts to verify that an idle connection is still intact by sending a keep-alive packet. If the remote system is still reachable and functioning, it acknowledges the keep-alive transmission. Keep-alive packets are not sent by default. This feature may be enabled on a connection by an application

If this does not work, open a command prompt and issue the command:

ping 192.168.0.55 -t

This will keep the interface “awake”

Good luck.

With the ping -t it would seem ok. I couldn’t edit the Registry. I didn’t quite understand how to put the data
Thanks

Refer to this article: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-change-delete-registry-keys-values-2625145

These keys work on Windows Server, should work on Windows 10:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters:
    • KeepAliveInterval: 1000 (1 second)).
    • KeepAliveTime: 300000 (5 min)
    • TcpMaxDataRetransmissions: 10