Issues Installing WayDroid on Rock 5 B with Official Radxa Debian Linux Distribution

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to install WayDroid on my Rock 5 B using the official Radxa Debian Linux distribution, but I’m encountering some issues related to the kernel, specifically with the absence of the ‘binder’ package.

During the WayDroid setup, I run into problems as it seems that the ‘binder’ module, which is crucial for WayDroid to function, is not present in the current kernel provided by the official Radxa Debian distribution. I’ve attempted to download and compile the necessary components to resolve this, but unfortunately, I haven’t had any success.

Has anyone here successfully installed WayDroid on a Rock 5 B under the Radxa’s official Debian Linux? If so, could you share how you managed to overcome the ‘binder’ module issue, or any steps you followed to get WayDroid up and running?

Any advice or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Monka Managed to get it working but it ran like shite.

This is your best option under either armbian, joshuas ubuntu or Kwankiu Arch Linux image kernel 5.10 only.

sudo nala install docker docker.io adb -y
sudo mkdir /dev/binderfs
sudo mount -t binder binder /dev/binderfs
wget -O - https://github.com/ChisBread/malior/raw/main/install.sh > /tmp/malior-install.sh && bash /tmp/malior-install.sh  && rm /tmp/malior-install.sh 
malior update
malior install malior-droid
malior-droid update

Install scrpy version 2.0 that is needed for audio forwarding from the android docker container

sudo nala install ffmpeg libsdl2-2.0-0 adb wget gcc git pkg-config meson ninja-build libsdl2-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libswresample-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev -y
git clone https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
cd scrcpy
./install_release.sh

Start the Android Emulator on Terminal:

#malior-droid start / stop / restart
malior-droid start
adb connect localhost:5555
scrcpy -s localhost:5555
malior-droid resize 720x1280

PS only works on kernel 5.10. I used nala but u can replace it with apt

1 Like