Is the Quad SATA Hat compatible with a Raspberry Pi 5 board? Also, would the outer case in the kit be compatible with 90 degree angle sata adapters?

Hi dominik,

You can buy the cable from https://arace.tech/products/m-2-e-key-to-ipex-board

1 Like

Great, I will get it for sure with next order :slight_smile: thanks for link! :slight_smile:

And all of them are gone just one day later! :slight_smile:
Hopefully they will come back when sooner or later! :slight_smile:

A bit late to the game, but I can report that the Quad SATA HAT works fine on the RPi 5. The 2xUSB to 2xUSB connector is a bit of a tight fit. I’m not using the original case, just the bare board. The RPi 5 is fitted with the standard heatsink/fan.

To boot from it I’ve enabled it in the RPi’s EEPROM settings as per @Craigp’s post.

This is huge for me. If I’m not interested in booting off the QUAD hats and intend to use a PCIe SSD board instead, would this still be functional to run four drives via the dual USB as subordinates to the SSD? And are there any special steps you’re taking to power the QUAD Sata and the Pi5? Lastly, is there any extra code that needs tk be added beyond the standard quad sata code to run it all on the Pi5?

This is exactly how I use it, I boot from a PCIe NVME drive and use the QUAD drives as separate storage.
I didn’t need to make any changes to the standard Raspberry OS other than setting the pins 25 and 26 high at pre-Linux bootup in the RPI’s EEPROM settings.

Do you have a guide for how you did this? I’m gonna be able to buy the Quad sata hat next month

Also note that quad sata hat comes with RAID support (penta version lacks this particular feature).
Pi5 USB3 is far better than on pi4, but still there is now 2.5G eth and any io to add that here (both usb and pcie is already occupied). Properly configured OMV lives perfectly on sd card and don’t write much there, so I think that it’s just bit better to improve network than system drive. It can almost reach 10G ethernet speed with one pcie 3 lane.

All you need to do to enable the Quad HAT in Raspberry Pi OS is to follow the instructions here.

To enable hardware RAID follow the instructions here.