Introduce the Radxa Zero

Zero is in production now. Batocera is in progress as far as I know.

There is no CSI interface for the Zero. You can use USB camera.

1 Like

Twister OS is Ubuntu based. Check the images above.

1 Like

:heart: the color headers!

@mil4898 I thought the s905y2 would be an automatic choice for the likes of volumio, squeeze-lite, snapcast because it had a inbuilt dac.

Have I been mixing up settop box reviews with the actual chip as looking now it would seem to be my mistake?

Its sort of weird as often you get a choice of stereo I2S & the full channel I2S but here quad & oct channel.
Maybe its because of the set-top origins and being able to demux 2 input streams? Guessing as don’t know the setup is not a single (stereo) and x4 (7.1)

Could be really interesting with ADC’s and as a dongle, so glad someone is taking an interesting in working out the audio.

Hi, I have AP6236 on my board, interested if you have the same wifi chip

2gb+ was supposedly AP6256 but then again thought 512-1gb was AP6212 but AP6236 also

AP6236 is a newer version of AP6212. I think maybe there is no firmware. Can you send the dmesg | grep brcm

If you are in China, you can buy it from Taobao soon. Check Allnet China Taobao store or Smartfly Taobao Store.

Hi Jack,
I am interested to get a sample for Radxa Zero 2GB LPDDR4 with 8GB eMMC, WiFi5/BT5.
How can I go about ordering one?
Are you giving out a free sample?

Please Advise
Thanks

1 Like

I have AP6256 on both of the 1 GB zero’s . Mine are slightly different , one is an internal antenna version , the other external antenna version.

Mil

pi@twisteros-zero:~$ dmesg | grep brcm
[ 8.040939] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0xffffffff
[ 8.041124] brcmfmac: brcmf_chip_recognition: chip backplane type 15 is not supported
[ 8.041131] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach: brcmf_chip_attach failed!
[ 8.041140] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach failed
[ 8.041303] brcmfmac: brcmf_ops_sdio_probe: F2 error, probe failed -19…
[ 8.533806] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: ‘brcm/BCM.hcd’

AP6236 is internal on this as was deliberate to test the base cost unit.

Presume Sven is the same.

[ 8.041124] brcmfmac: brcmf_chip_recognition: chip backplane type 15 is not supported

I think we need to add support of ap6236 to the upstream.

3 Likes

Hi Jack, I have sent you an email. Please help us for procurement.

Thank you very much for your answer, as in the ETA Prime channel I only saw Android I thought it would be a driver problem…
I can’t wait to get my hands on this amazing thing, great job.

eMMC 128GB Release date?

In two or three weeks.

Can I flash directly to eMMC or should I flash u-boot to SD and partition eMMC from there? New in SoC but I definitely want to learn how they work.