I2S on GPIO pins?

I just found that there is a GPIO map now on the wiki but my question is.
Where is the GPIOAO_7 (TDMB_FS) connected to?
GPIOAO_4 (TDMB_D0) and GPIOAO_8 (TDMB_SCLK) seem to be connected to pin 32 and 35
but no word clock on the pins?

1 Like

You can refer to our schematic for this kind of questions.

Regarding GPIOAO_7, you can find it is connected to GPIOA0-7 wire on page 4, which is in turn connected to our power protection IC’s EN pin on page 8.

Since not all I2S related pins are available, we didn’t label them as such in our documentation.

1 Like

Hi,

I am very interested in using I2S on the Radxa Zero and I came across this post, showing that TDMB_FS is not wired to the GPIO and is instead being used for the EN pin of the SY6280AAC. Does this mean that it is impossible to use I2S in the Radxa Zero? Or are we supposed to use the TDMA interface to do this? The Radxa Zero advertises that it has a PCM/I2S port, so it would be disappointing if this is false information.

Additionally, I do not believe there is any public datasheet that explains how to enable the TDMA or TDMB, and I would be interested in seeing how this might be possible.

Zero does not support I2S. Please show me where says it does and I’ll have it corrected.

It is listed on this page: https://wiki.radxa.com/Zero/getting_started

It is also listed on distributor websites such as ameriDroid and ALLNET

After further digging on the schematic I found out we indeed routed TDMA port to the 40-pin header so that could be used for I2S/PWM. I’ll update the wiki page to reflect that now. They use GPIOX_8-11.