I have problem with my rock pi 4 board‏

I have problem with my rock pi 4 board

same time not working

and ‏same time First start not working After remove the power and plug Again It is Work

I need support for this Problem

Please don’t be angry with me, but I have to admit, your topic is pretty much the worst one I can imagine. It should be a short description of your problem. Since everyone who writes here has a problem and everyone uses a Rock Pi 4, everyone could call their topic like you. Also your description is a bit confusing. Do you use a browser-based client for Lotus Sametime?

What would be interesting for us to help is: Which OS image have you installed? What media does your Rock Pi (SD, eMMC or M.2 NVMe) boot from? Was there only a problem with the very first boot, or every time you put power back on? What messages does Rock Pi give out when it “doesn’t work”? Does it boot and freeze, or does it not boot at all?

One more thing, do you use original power supply and USB cable?

2 Likes

Which OS image have you installed?
ANDROID 7 OS
What media does your Rock Pi (SD, eMMC or M.2 NVMe) boot from?
eMMC
Was there only a problem with the very first boot, or every time you put power back on?Sametime Yes and Sametime Not working
What messages does Rock Pi give out when it “doesn’t work”? Does it boot and freeze, or does it not boot at all?
Black Screen does it not boot at all
do you use original power supply and USB cable?
I am use (Anker usb type c)
And I am Try [Debian Desktop] OS with SD does it not boot

Now I have new problem sametime after 5 minute the power off from the board rock pi

From what you describe, I suspect it’s a power issue. Which Anker usb type c adapter are you using? Do you know the spec of it?

2-Port USB Wall Charger

Anker USB Charger 4.8A/24W 2-Port USB Wall Charger and PowerIQ Technology

As far as I know, QC 3.0 is required for the Rock Pi 4, but in the description for your Anker USB charger it says: “Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 not supported.” I would recommend this Anker USB Charger: Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Type-C 24W USB Wall Charger

What Maximum DC input voltage for power on gpio?

5V is maximum voltage at the GPIO Connector.
General purpose input-output (GPIO) connector

I will use the rock pi on my car with lcd 7 inch what Best solution for power?

I’d take a Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger.
Quick Charge Device List
From page 5 there are a lot of Car Chargers.

I Try another power source Latte Panda Power Adapter
The problem is still
Model : PD45+QC3.0
Input : 100-240V - 50/60Hz 1A
OUTPUT : 5V3A/9V3A/10V3A/12V3A/15V3A/20V2.25A

I found this information at my dealer in Germany. Can an official Radxa employee please check and, if correct, confirm this?

Support USB Type C PD 2.0, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2A
Power Supply Qualcomm® Quick Charge™
Support QC3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A

If I interpret this correctly, then either Power Delivery 2.0 or Quick Charge 2.0, with a minimum of 18 watts (9V/2A) should be sufficient. Who e.g. connects a 2TByte M2 NVME SSD will surely need more than 18 Watt.

Can you try both the QC port and the PD port? The QC port should give you the 9V output and the PD port should give you 20V output. If you have a USB voltage/current measure meter, you can see the value. One of the feature we want to add for the ROCK Pi is to detect the input voltage and give some feedback at the bootloader stage. If you have multimeter, you can also measure the voltage.

I have researched again, this information comes from the Rock Pi 4 Model B data sheet, published by Allnet. Since Allnet is the official distributor, I hope the data is correct.
Allnet Datasheet - Rock Pi 4 Model B 4GB

Addendum: On the page of Radxa I found the same information.
Radxa RockPi 4 getting started > Features > Power

I just bought Anker USB Charger for my iPhone so does it support it or not because sometimes ago I bought the another USB charger and when I want to charge with it, it corrupt my apple application support and I was not able to access the apple application support so does anyone tell me that it will work or not?