How to configure SPI on RockPiX board?

Hi there,

I installed the SPI driver following steps on

After reboot could see the SPI initialized:

dmesg | grep spi
[    0.013052] ACPI: SSDT ACPI table found in initrd [kernel/firmware/acpi/spidev1.1.aml][0xb7]
[    0.013058] ACPI: SSDT ACPI table found in initrd [kernel/firmware/acpi/spidev1.0.aml][0xb7]
[    2.916464] spidev spi-SPT0001:00: do not use this driver in production systems!

Connected MOSI and MISO together. And then used spidev_test tool to check the spidev1.0 interface:

sudo ./spidev_test -D /dev/spidev1.0 -v
spi mode: 0x0
bits per word: 8
max speed: 500000 Hz (500 kHz)
TX | FF FF FF FF FF FF 40 00 00 00 00 95 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F0 0D  |......@.........................|
RX | FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  |................................|

Well, for some reasons the data sent is not received on the other end. What did I miss?

Thanks

This is for an UP-board and not for the Rock Pi X, not sure if it would work the same… Also good luck getting any support from the Radxa team about anything, especially if it’s related to the GPIO. This board has very little support and many functions seem simply unavailable. If I’m wrong, please prove me otherwise…

Best of luck finding a solution.

Any luck on this? In the same boat of going down the Up-board to get this working.

No :frowning: and taking into account that there is not much information on the Internet related to the issue, it might be a tough task to get it working.