How Rock Pi S endurable with hard reset?

When I hard reset Windows 7 or 10, sometimes I can’t reboot. I mean accidentally turn off PC.
What about Rock Pi S’s Debian?
I am going to use Rock Pi S start and set it up by itself.
Then I use it like convertor with my midi controllers and after job’s done I’ll just take off the power-usb…
Is it ok or maybe can’t boot?? Or should I make some gpio input button for halting Debian??

You should always properly shut down a Linux system or it can cause filesystem corruption which can cause it to fail to boot (as well as destroy anything stored on the device).

Thank you.
I just wonder how other people turn off Rock Pi S when they use it without SSH.

1 Like

ROCK Pi S is designed for IOT and should be running all the time. The SD Nand can guarantee data safe when suddenly power drop.

If you have anything that actually works full time - some SQL servers as example - hard reset will lead to corrupt database. Otherwise - think about it as minor chances (very slim, less then 0.1%, but they exist), that you may get corrupted filesystem beyond repair (in most cases, you will need just to check filesystem with chkfs to get data back)

When I need to set up a device to be absolutely robust against power failures, what I always do, is mount all of the non-volatile storage devices as READ-ONLY, and where necessary, add a RAM-backed overlay.